FRESNEL LENS

kindle530:
If you do fit one (free from VOSA not £15 on e-bay :unamused: ) pull the window seal open a bit and tuck around 1/4 or 1/2 in of the fresnel down between the window and the seal, that way it wont get pulled off every time you undo the window.

have you got a link to where you can get them from VOSA? I tried searching Fresnel lens on their website and it didn’t come up with anything

Not VOSA - London Road Safety Unit. lscp.org.uk/lrsu/campaigns_p … -lens.html

This is mine. I can’t live without it…

Do “All Ride” make a special set of curtains and tassels for them?

Don’t shoot me, just an attempt at humour

Have a word with your local HATO. They used to give them away, I believe they may still have a few kicking around in the stores at their outstations.

Tazbug

jamiep1988:
There’s on fitted to the artic unit at my work. I was out in it yesterday collecting gen sets and tanks from brands after the BSB at a set of lights midway around roundabout a I hear thumping music coming from the passenger side, couldn’t see anything in the mirrors but in the fresnel I could see some boy racer in a convertible peugot. Think I’ll get one for my permanent lorry!!

Jamiep1988 is that the tractor and trailer unit from the Coventry Depot. Its still in the old LCH generators colours with Speedy decals put on the doors, looks like the tractor unit we had at the Skem depot (oh the good old days ) great firm to work for back then. Al.

fedaykinal:

jamiep1988:
There’s on fitted to the artic unit at my work. I was out in it yesterday collecting gen sets and tanks from brands after the BSB at a set of lights midway around roundabout a I hear thumping music coming from the passenger side, couldn’t see anything in the mirrors but in the fresnel I could see some boy racer in a convertible peugot. Think I’ll get one for my permanent lorry!!

Jamiep1988 is that the tractor and trailer unit from the Coventry Depot. Its still in the old LCH generators colours with Speedy decals put on the doors, looks like the tractor unit we had at the Skem depot (oh the good old days ) great firm to work for back then. Al.

it is an old LCH wagon, I believe its from there Charlton depot(I’ve only been with speedy for 9 months but a few blokes are still there from when it was LCH), did a run up to the depot in Warrington and saw one with just one letter out on the last 3 of the reg

jamiep1988:

fedaykinal:

jamiep1988:

it is an old LCH wagon, I believe its from there Charlton depot(I’ve only been with speedy for 9 months but a few blokes are still there from when it was LCH), did a run up to the depot in Warrington and saw one with just one letter out on the last 3 of the reg

The tractor unit there was one of the Skem depot trucks kitted out with PTO to drive the palfinger crane on the trailer, sorry did you say your from the Charlton or Coventry depot. Al.

I’m from the Erith depot as that’s where speedy is now (moved there when from Charlton) as they do pumps and gennys from there now. They’ve still got the trailer with the palfinger crane on.

Also good if your abroad or driving left ■■■■■■ and over shoot a roundabout etc, saves having to take your belt off and all that crap :slight_smile:.

Wouldn’t be without mine now, even apart from the driving they come in handy for the odd bit of perving!

Had one on left ■■■■■■ years ago -v.good!

I would suggest ringing the HA hail number and asking if we can supply you with one. We had a few events are were giving them out. I’m sure we still have some. Worth a try to save £15.

I asked at a vosa truck mot station once, they didnt have any left, but they took my address and sent me 3 a week or 2 later. So if youre near an mot station pop in an ask. I would never pay for one myself.

jamiep1988:
I’m from the Erith depot as that’s where speedy is now (moved there when from Charlton) as they do pumps and gennys from there now. They’ve still got the trailer with the palfinger crane on.

Well hope you enjoy your job with Speedy and best of luck with them, I stayed on with them for about 4 yrs after being TUPED over from LCH. Finally left for a family run generator company less bull shine and more enjoyable, old school operators with no stress put on the drivers ( not that I do stress ) :wink: :smiley: Al.