Freak Weather Warning

I feel I should warn you that tonight may see blizzards, storms, plagues of locusts and the four horsemen of the apocalypse putting in an appearance, although it may only be three as I believe Pestilence is running in the King George VI at Sandown on Boxing Day, because for the second time in seven days I am venturing north of junction 14 of the M1 tonight, and doing night work as well. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

To go north of junction 14 once is unfortunate, twice is just downright careless but I have enjoyed the last couple of weeks despite doing not one, not two but three UK nights out, including paying for parking :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

'tis great oop north!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Nosebleeds a plenty for Neil, eh?? :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
I feel I should warn you that tonight may see blizzards, storms, plagues of locusts and the four horsemen of the apocalypse putting in an appearance, although it may only be three as I believe Pestilence is running in the King George VI at Sandown on Boxing Day, because for the second time in seven days I am venturing north of junction 14 of the M1 tonight, and doing night work as well. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

To go north of junction 14 once is unfortunate, twice is just downright careless but I have enjoyed the last couple of weeks despite doing not one, not two but three UK nights out, including paying for parking :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Little Devil :confused: :laughing:

He wont be coming this far mc he will only be going to J15 :laughing: :laughing: i bet that was a culture shock three uk N/out

Dafman:
He wont be coming this far mc he will only be going to J15

Correct, 15 it is tonight, well I think it is 15 I need for my destination but the voices will guide me later. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It was much further than that at the end of last week though. :wink:

Dafman:
i bet that was a culture shock three uk N/out

I enjoyed it actually, and to be honest once the curtains are shut it doesn’t really matter what country the tarmac you are parked on is in. :wink: :smiley:

steady neil just keep taking them tablets :laughing: :wink: .and to top it all your enjoying it :laughing:

Is this a new Neil we are seeing here,3 uk night’s out,paying for parking ( but charging customer double) :laughing: Should we be starting to worry about Neil,is he ok. :question:

Will we ever see him this far north in his truck :question: If we did i think treatment would need to be sort :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
Will we ever see him this far north in his truck :question: If we did i think treatment would need to be sort :laughing: :laughing:

Depends if you were looking last Thursday and Friday? :wink: :smiley: I spent nine hours loading from The Royal Bank of Scotland in Fettes Row in the centre of Edinburgh.

I did look for you Jim but didn’t see any yellow trucks on the hard shoulder at all. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeholic wrote:

I enjoyed it actually, and to be honest once the curtains are shut it doesn’t really matter what country the tarmac you are parked on is in.

Until you open them and find out how much breakfast costs, some [zb] has piddled against your o/s front tyre, nicked part of your load/lorry or diesel and you’ve can’t move because some wagon’s parked across you and gone walkabout :imp: then you realise your in the UK :smiley:

John

Coffeeholic:
I spent nine hours loading from The Royal Bank of Scotland in Fettes Row in the centre of Edinburgh.

You went all that way north and survived to tell the tale?

OK, the game’s up. What have you done with the real Coffeeholic?

Paul

repton:

Coffeeholic:
I spent nine hours loading from The Royal Bank of Scotland in Fettes Row in the centre of Edinburgh.

You went all that way north and survived to tell the tale?

OK, the game’s up. What have you done with the real Coffeeholic?

Paul

I reckon he’s getting homesick & wants to return to the land of his fathers

He’ll be wearing a chequed skirt next (I’ve already told 'im the stried one didn’t suit his complection)

north surrey haulage:
I reckon he’s getting homesick & wants to return to the land of his fathers

Nah, I’ve had my fix and reckon I should be alright for the next 9 or 10 years.

I did look for you Jim but didn’t see any yellow trucks on the hard shoulder at all.

If i remember that drop it’s a pain in the arse,especially with an artic. :open_mouth: Don’t think your artic would have fitted in them gate’s :question: :confused:

As for hard shoulder’s are they not on motorway’s :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
If i remember that drop it’s a pain in the arse,especially with an artic. :open_mouth: Don’t think your artic would have fitted in them gate’s :question: :confused:

Correct, I was there for a good few hours so didn’t go in the gates, I pulled round to the left past them and parked there to load. If I had backed through the gates I would have blocked the road as there isn’t a lot of space between the building and the gates.

Was also a bit of a performance to get out when I had finished due to parked cars and I ended up waiting over an hour until their staff car park emptied enough for me to turn round in it and make my escape. Trouble was our second trailer had turned up to load the remainder of the kit and you can imagine the chaos with two artics down there. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m shocked to find you doing all this UK work Neil. Your pillows must be very fluffy with all those extra £20 notes filling them up now. I thought it would’ve been easier to nail custard to the ceiling than get you to do UK jobs :open_mouth:

Next thing you know, you’ll be tipping/loading somewhere in London. :smiley:

Paul.

you can imagine the chaos with two artics down there.

Yeah i bet you 2 would have been popular that day :laughing: :laughing:

Christ your only up here for 9-10 hour’s and your causing trouble :laughing: :laughing: shocking :laughing: :open_mouth:

kitkat:
Christ your only up here for 9-10 hour’s and your causing trouble :laughing: :laughing: shocking :laughing: :open_mouth:

Hey, if you are going to do a job you might as well do it properly. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

kitkat:

Hey, if you are going to do a job you might as well do it properly. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would not mind if you caused caos in Glasgow :laughing: But to coz it in your own home town. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Off with his head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

kitkat:

Depends if you were looking last Thursday and Friday? :wink: :smiley: I spent nine hours loading from The Royal Bank of Scotland in Fettes Row in the centre of Edinburgh.

I did look for you Jim but didn’t see any yellow trucks on the hard shoulder at all. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I was coming down from Scotland after a couple of days drifting around somewhat more aimlessly then normal :wink: and I think I may have passed you going up somewhere between Carlisle and Glasgow cant remember time but I noticed a motor like yours heading north I think it was pulling your normal type of trailer , the FH had a roof mounted aircon I think and the driver had a moustache I recall :question:
I was in a PLAIN white FH Globetrotter pulling PLAIN white reefer :sunglasses:
PLAIN being code word for I now work for a company that I would rather not be made public( not Mr Betz I hasten to add) , no great secret but I have seen before on these forums some people like causing trouble for other people by dropping them in it , I think this happen with Ragtop at some point.

Anyway if it was you Coffee, truck looked good and if it wasnt you please ignore the last 2 mins of ramblings as most have probley done anyway. :laughing:

Given your description that was more than likely me. :wink: :smiley: