Fixed camera fines

Hi all two weeks ago yesterday i was flashed on the a303 for doing about 50 in a 50 zone but i should only of been doing 40 so guilty as charged. How long have they got to send the fine through is it 6 months? . Just i was told if you have not heard anything in 2 weeks i should be fine ■■? Please help.

i’m pretty sure its 14 days from teh date of the incident.

not too sure but someone will be along soon to correct me.

IIRC the NIP needs to be received by the registered keeper within 14 days.

It is 14 days that they have to notify the registered keeper (not driver) using details held by DVLA

They have to instigate proceedings within 14 days, i.e start tracking down the driver. The first letter could go to an out of date owner who then tells them who the present owner is, who then tells them who was driving. It can take quite a while. They have 6 months from the date of the “alleged” offence to instigate court action and when laying papers in court it can take a further 22 days so to be 110% safe youll have to wait 6 months 22 days!

9 times out of 10 if you havent heard anything within 14 days youll be fine, its rare to get a ticket through after the 14 days.

Dont be so quick to admit guilt ,

Sometimes the scameras are set to flash but have no film in them so wait another couple of weeks and see what happens, either way, if it was 2 weeks ago your boss would of been contacted by now if it was a company vehicle.

Iirc, those GATSOs on the A303 nail truckers exceeding the 40 limit. Sure I’ve read on those forums of driver’s getting nailed along there.

Still not heard anything as yet . Yes it is a company vehicle and we have owned it from new so no problem in tracking down the owner i would not have thought. well hopefully got away with it them but i have learnt my lesson nevertheless.

When I got done for doing 47 in a 50 on a single carriageway my boss got the NIP within 4 or 5 days, the truck was rented and the rental company had leased it from someone else. They dont hang about!