Speeding ticket Notice

Hi all,
got a speeding fine through my door last week :open_mouth: Then i noticed the the date of the offence was about a month ago :confused:
I always thought that the had 2 weeks to inform you after that it was late to :confused:
I was driving a artic on A1 with a empty LPG Tanker. It was 04.00 i was flashed doing 50 on a 40. Yes i admit it, but have they took to long to inform me.
does this count even if they contacted my employer to get my details :confused: Help please

Your best bet is to register and place your query here. Hope they can help you. :wink:

I believe the notice has to reach the registered keeper within the 2 weeks.

tofer:
I believe the notice has to reach the registered keeper within the 2 weeks.

I believe that’s correct, the NIP has to be served on the registered keeper of the vehicle within 14 days of the offence, it would take a while for your employer to pass on your details and then for you to receive the NIP so I’m afraid there’s no get out option there :wink:

14 working days to notify the registered keeper, so your gonna have to drop thoses kecks, didn’t you see the warning signs

:grimacing:

As already mentioned, the 14 day rule applies to the registered keeper. This 14 days is not set in stone though as for various reasons it can often take police a bit longer to fully identify the vehicle and as such as long as the police can show the courts they have taken timely action to inform the driver of intended prosecution at the earliest opportunity, they actually have up until 6 months to bring a prosecution.

Try Here pepipoo.com/FAQ.htm

ravanoli:
Hi all,
got a speeding fine through my door last week :open_mouth: Then i noticed the the date of the offence was about a month ago :confused:
I always thought that the had 2 weeks to inform you after that it was late to :confused:
I was driving a artic on A1 with a empty LPG Tanker. It was 04.00 i was flashed doing 50 on a 40. Yes i admit it, but have they took to long to inform me.
does this count even if they contacted my employer to get my details :confused: Help please

No you don’t have a 14 day period. They have a 14 day period to notify the REGISTERED KEEPER. There is then no time limit for serving a NIP on a named driver.

Just pay it

Sorry to say but you are royally stuffed,I had the same thing happen to me, driving a 7.5tonnerA9 middle of no where at 4.10 am. I asked for the photographic evidence, they wrote back saying photo was of rear of vehicle so nothing for me to see.I bought a book thats advertised as drivers Bible or something ,its useless.So pay up and inform your car insurance co. as well because they will have their snout in the trough as well.There is no point saying a word about the real criminals ,as the self righteous on here will be on your case as well.

Conor:
No you don’t have a 14 day period. They have a 14 day period to notify the REGISTERED KEEPER. There is then no time limit for serving a NIP on a named driver.

There is a 6 month time limit from the date of the offence to prosecute the accused driver or the offence “times out”.

alamcculloch:
So pay up and inform your car insurance co.

No just pay it

ravanoli:
Yes i admit it,

And there is your first mistake! Admit nothing!

I got one (NIP) several years ago and after digging a bit deeper, found flaws in the Police evidence. Hence, my licence is still clean and my bank account is still £60 to the better.

If you are involved in an incident with your private car and it comes to light that you have not disclosed relevent information to your insurer you could be charged for commiting fraud.Its worth remembering that the 3 points and £60 fine will mean your insurance costs go up by about £100 for 4 years until the points are spent.

alamcculloch:
So pay up and inform your car insurance co.

Dafman:
No just pay it

Driving a car or a commercial and getting points may affect both the commercial vehicle owners insurance and your own car insurance so both must be informed as it is likely that the insurance companies will say that the policy is null & void if checked upon or a claim if filed.

An incident does not have to be your fault either - someone hits you and details are exchanged or aquired - that’s it, you’ve not kept them up-to-date so they’ve got you - no valid insurance :exclamation: :exclamation:

Just becuase you didnt receive the nip within 2 weeks doesnt mean they didnt send it out within 2 weeks you could receive it 6 months later just as long as they can prove the sent it within the grace period.

Just send the cheque and your licence off.

alamcculloch:
Sorry to say but you are royally stuffed,I had the same thing happen to me, driving a 7.5tonnerA9 middle of no where at 4.10 am. I asked for the photographic evidence, they wrote back saying photo was of rear of vehicle so nothing for me to see

This happened to one of our drivers but they backed down when he proved he was 15 miles away in Inverness on 45 break :unamused: Insist on seeing the photo,it’s your right.

alamcculloch:
If you are involved in an incident with your private car and it comes to light that you have not disclosed relevent information to your insurer you could be charged for commiting fraud.Its worth remembering that the 3 points and £60 fine will mean your insurance costs go up by about £100 for 4 years until the points are spent.

Not always the case. I got 3 points and it made no difference at all to my insurance!!! But tell them cause if you have accident in your car your insurance is invalid.

I asked for photo evidence and got it through the post ok as they cannot refuse to send it to you but it did me no good so i took the points and paid the fine. Got fine back through the union