Speeding fine

Just need a bit off clarification.

Just got home after a weeks holiday and found in the post a NIP(dated 22/02/12) from northumbria police, stating that i was caught doing 48 mph in a 40 zone( oh the Horror!, get a cell next to Charles Bronson ready!! :laughing: ) on 11/01/12 the date today being 24/02/12.
What iā€™m wondering is does that ā€œFreddie flintoff loopholeā€ of 14 days from the offence still count as i was in a company vehicle :question: :question:
If its a fair cop then so be it, but if i can avoid Ā£60 and 3 Ptā€™s all the better!

tt3641:
Just need a bit off clarification.

Just got home after a weeks holiday and found in the post a NIP(dated 22/02/12) from northumbria police, stating that i was caught doing 48 mph in a 40 zone( oh the Horror!, get a cell next to Charles Bronson ready!! :laughing: ) on 11/01/12 the date today being 24/02/12.
What iā€™m wondering is does that ā€œFreddie flintoff loopholeā€ of 14 days from the offence still count as i was in a company vehicle :question: :question:
If its a fair cop then so be it, but if i can avoid Ā£60 and 3 Ptā€™s all the better!

I believe the NIP has to be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle within 14 days who is then obliged to return the NIP with the details of who was driving the vehicle.

As far as Iā€™m aware they have to then send the NIP to the driver within a reasonable time, but Iā€™ve no idea whether or not thereā€™s a time limit on when the driver has to receive the NIP, either way I doubt that itā€™s less than 2 months so Iā€™m afraid youā€™ll probably end up having to accept the fine and points.

I seem to remember something like ā€œ12 monthsā€ was on the one I got.

Paul

motordefenceteam.co.uk/knowl ā€¦ /n-i-p.htm

Seem to cover it well enough.

Company vehicle? Is the company the registered keeper? Does that account for the delay?

NO LADS ITS BAD NEWS ,GOT CAUGHT IN A HIRED UNIT DOING 44 ON A 50 YE AT THE BELFRY ,TOOK AGES TO SORT OUT BUT OFFERED THE COURSE PHEW :frowning: :frowning: :slight_smile: :smiley: