speed camera question

Is it true or urban myth that if you dont get a Notice of intended prosecution within 14 days of the offence ,you cant get done? :blush:

I’ve always thought it was 14 days if you are the registered owner of the vehicle. If you drive a truck for example and it doesn’t belong to you, they are allowed longer to track you down, no idea how long but I’ve always took it as 3 weeks and if after that period nothing comes in the post, I’ve considered myself in the clear. I’ve never actually been flashed by a camera though, my only scares have been due to mobile cameras or police vans following me on a dual-carriage way doing 55mph. I pretty much always stick at 40mph on single carriage roads now, I hate doing it, it feels like I’m hardly moving and it gets really embaressing when you see a half mile queue behind you, especially other trucks but its the only way to be sure of not getting done. I do however pretty much always travel on the limiter on dual-carriageways.

I believe the Scamera Pratnership has to post the NIP within 14 days of the alleged offence.
In Germany, they send you a bank paying in slip and a copy of the photograph.

Nice sensible bit of roads Policing the other week, northbound on the A1, doing 56mph, yeah, I know, should be 50mph, Plod comes down the sliproad, just by Londonderry, overtakes a wagon, slows down in front of it, I see this go on a couple of times, then my turn, slows down in front of me showing his light up sign in the back window

50mph limit
Slow Down

Then off he goes and does the same all the way up the road.
He could have made a few bob out of this, but decided just to slow us all down a bit.
Thanks Plod, good roads policing for a pleasant change, but there again, North Yorks and Durham Police have a good record.
Lowest KSI numbers in the country, yet lowest number of Scameras, and NO Scamera Pratnerships.
And a Good sized Roads Policing Unit.

Dratsabasti:
I believe the Scamera Pratnership has to post the NIP within 14 days of the alleged offence.
In Germany, they send you a bank paying in slip and a copy of the photograph.

Nice sensible bit of roads Policing the other week, northbound on the A1, doing 56mph, yeah, I know, should be 50mph, Plod comes down the sliproad, just by Londonderry, overtakes a wagon, slows down in front of it, I see this go on a couple of times, then my turn, slows down in front of me showing his light up sign in the back window

50mph limit
Slow Down

Then off he goes and does the same all the way up the road.
He could have made a few bob out of this, but decided just to slow us all down a bit.
Thanks Plod, good roads policing for a pleasant change, but there again, North Yorks and Durham Police have a good record.
Lowest KSI numbers in the country, yet lowest number of Scameras, and NO Scamera Pratnerships.
And a Good sized Roads Policing Unit.

Would it be possible for you to receive a NIP in the post that this copper did later or because he was there at the time, would he have had to have stopped you there and then to do you? I’ve often had police cars and vans sit behind me for a few miles whilst I do 55 on a dual carriageway and then panic thinking I’ve been done as they later overtake and do the same to the next truck.

I got done in the Limehouse Link,did’nt realise they’d lowered the limit as havent been through it for ages,was doing about 40 past Canary Wharf and got done at about 36 on the first camera in the tunnel.

Trouble is these are Digital Cameras (no film)it will be 2 weeks on Monday and havent heard anything from employer.
I dont really think I’ll get away with it being LONDON :unamused:

SO LONG HAS THE NIP REACHES THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE WITHIN 14 DAYS IT STANDS SO IF IT TAKES LONGER TO REACH THE DRIVER IT STILL STANDS.

I have a question thats partially linked to this. In the Manchester area all the speed/traffic light scameras seem to be painted grey and hence are much less visible. Are these part of the same scheme? Do you still get the same punishment from being caught by one of these as you do a regular yellow camera etc?

Yeah, same thing. They only have to be made visible if the local Council wants to keep the profits rather than Central Government getting them.

Lucy:
Yeah, same thing. They only have to be made visible if the local Council wants to keep the profits rather than Central Government getting them.

Thanks for clearing that one up Lucy.