First post, little advice needed!

Hello all, first post here and it looks like the most appropriate place to ask a question! Little background first …

I’ve been tramping since I passed my class 1 about a year ago so it’s all I’ve done since I’ve started lorry driving.

Anyway tramping doesn’t seem to suit my life style (i’m fairly young, girlfriend etc) and to be honest ive enjoyed it occasionally, but doesn’t make me happy you know.

So I’m just wondering what type of work can I get doing day work or if somebody could push me into the right direction with any ideas would be grateful.

Only work I’m not interested in is pallet network multi drop with malarky.

I’m in the Norwich area if anybody knows anything going abit more specific (you never know) haha.

Thanks!

Norwich is where i came from originally before moving to work out in Spain.
Bulk tanker/tipper work maybe? Plenty of farms where haulage co’s provide services… Parkers are always looking for drivers doing roll on off skips ect,all of this would get you home each night…

Jodders:
Hello all, first post here and it looks like the most appropriate place to ask a question! Little background first …

I’ve been tramping since I passed my class 1 about a year ago so it’s all I’ve done since I’ve started lorry driving.

Anyway tramping doesn’t seem to suit my life style (i’m fairly young, girlfriend etc) and to be honest ive enjoyed it occasionally, but doesn’t make me happy you know.

So I’m just wondering what type of work can I get doing day work or if somebody could push me into the right direction with any ideas would be grateful.

Only work I’m not interested in is pallet network multi drop with malarky.

I’m in the Norwich area if anybody knows anything going abit more specific (you never know) haha.

Thanks!

Have a look at Double Decker work at Royal Mail/Warburtons in Norfolk, or this one a bit further out (Ely) might be more up your street in what’s required of you…
https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/MLH-Transport-Ltd/jobs/HGV-Class-Driver-028aeb8f749720b9?sjdu=Zzi_VW2ygsY1fzh3Ma9ZsPaqOkFrOZiF9heaw3NaNTit2io7-qTzLNWH4fysfGfdLnbWFs_5-myaOV7T0-TYTA

You’ve got the year’s experience, and nights out experience (not every night with this job I believe) plus it’s an actual full time job rather than an agency by the looks of it.
Give 'em a call.

Being prepared to do “nights out” or “weekends” or “overnight” tends to open the door to more actual full-time jobs than just saying you want monday-friday days of course. :bulb:

I don’t blame you regarding multidrops and palletliners - the bread and butter work that agencies provide one with - but a complete pain in the arse to do because of all the delays and stress involved.

Depot to Depot fridge work at night - is the peace and quiet that I took a liking to. Perhaps you will too.
Theres a few yards on the Thetford industrial estate too, but I think the only jobs running out of there are C2 work or contract agency stuff.
Stay away from Brandon though - they are paying Scottish wages by the looks of it. :open_mouth: You’ve already got enough experience never to have to stoop to a “below £20k” job imho. :wink:

i would suggest international work…and i`ll keep your girlfriend company whilst your away… :smiley: …seriously,look around do some local research…do your sums as the wage could decrease…but its worth it to keep a relationship alive…good luck.

It might be worth a look at one or two of the animal feed companies in that area. There are a lot of Chicken and pig farms in that area, and they tend to have animal feed delivered pretty reg.

Best of luck however you decide to go.

There is a pig farm round here.

Chicago Rock I think it’s called.