Suggestions

Ive been on class 1 (on the road now) 9months and the past 4 months on tramping. Dont get me wrong Iam not moaning one bit the more time out in the lorry the happier I am but Iam longing for more. I really like the company I work for ok not so keen on the flat work at times but the lads i work with are sound. Iam thinking about looking for a company who do contiental work prefer fidge work or curtiansiders tilts tauts etc but not much flat work. Iam not too fussed about pay as long as its not eastern european rates :wink: . I would prefer to work for a Irish company who ship through liverpool or birkenhead.

Anyone got any Ideas

No ideas for you, but, have to say, lots of drivers seeking similar. You’re best bet is probably try your local removals or others that might do continental near you.

Try the europe forum on here the lads there will know more. Although from what i’ve read its just as bad for work there then it is here and there is stacks of experienced guys going for every job out there on the continental side so dont get your hopes up too much :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s very quiet on continental work, I went to Spain a few months back and I only saw three other Brits on the whole trip.

Irish lads still looking for work Companys Cutting back on overseas work or its not therer

Not having a dig mate but you say “i am not too fussed about pay” :confused:
Does that mean you would rather drive a blinger than have a decent wage?- plenty of them about already.

tommy hood senior. at tj hood. they use fleetwood mostly, but i’m sure they will ship your trailers through birkenhead.

marcus morgan. at derry morgan transport. one of their subbies needs a driver.

blair transport, don’t have a contact name, but the lads seem happy enough, mix of uk and european work.

there are some others i know, you don’t sleep, you earn big, you die young. not worth it any more.

Suedehead,

Iam not really that fussed to be honest Iam on pretty good money at the moment but I really want to do the contient (just like my dad). The fella Iam working for now is sound and the trucks are half decent but some weeks he takes us off from tramping gives the truck to some other idiot and it comes back wrecked. I would be happy having my own truck on a average wage so if some one did guarentee me a job with a 580 v8 topline on contiental work for £300 pwk plus night out then I would be no doubt take it coz I dont have many bills only have my car insurance and my daughters school fees to pay.

I see my bum when Iam away from the truck coz thats the place where Iam most happiest

not so sure about blairs,paid men off not so long ago. also why work for less than the job deserves and what people are already getting ?what about the drivers who do need the wages to pay the bills ,the difference of a few pounds maybe but hundreds?just so you can do the continent? would all the other drivers in the company be happy when the boss wants to knock the wages down a couple of hundred because you are happy with a few bob and the experience?

K.Adams:
I see my bum when Iam away from the truck coz thats the place where Iam most happiest

your happiest when seeing your bum■■?
oo er missus :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Try Carna Transport Ireland. They’re big into European work and they’re not fussed on the pay thing either… :smiley:

carnatspt.ie/

Breaker One-Nine:
Try Carna Transport Ireland. They’re big into European work and they’re not fussed on the pay thing either… :smiley:

carnatspt.ie/

dont you need to be talliban to work for them

As long as your not fussed on the pay thing, I think they would be happy to take you on.

Everyone needs someone for a lot of road and not much money…

so, you’re not too fussed about money.

i have a cunning plan.

i take home £587.00 per week.
so you can drive my truck and i’ll give you half my pay, and i’ll stay at home.

sorry, coulndn’t help it. :laughing:

limeyphil:

i have a cunning plan.

congratulations on the job phil, last week you said you were on £170 a week on the dole :open_mouth:

welshboyinspain:

limeyphil:

i have a cunning plan.

congratulations on the job phil, last week you said you were on £170 a week on the dole :open_mouth:

not me. :open_mouth:

limeyphil:

welshboyinspain:

limeyphil:

i have a cunning plan.

not me. :open_mouth:

i do apologize profusely phil it was berewic but i got a bit of a senior moment then :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

limeyphil:

i have a cunning plan.

well has this offer been taken up yet ?

only by me. :laughing: