First Impressions Of The AXOR

My first post on here for a while (lots of new names here too).
We were due to get new motors at the end of June to replace the midget house Actros with the much acclaimed ‘new Actros’.
But due to a boo-boo by ‘da management’,we now have to wait until October :frowning:
As the contract for the old motors was up at end of June anyway,we have had to hire in some more to tide us over.
On Thursday I was given the keys to an 03 plate Merc Axor 2543 6x2 with high roof sleeper and manual gearbox :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
After 8 months in an auto actros,this would mean I would have to ‘earn’ my wages!!
But I was quite surprised by how well this motor goes,it pulls very well fully loaded,is comfortable on a run and the bunk seems a bit softer than in the old actros although I have not spent the night in it yet.
there is plenty of room in it too,although it is a narrower cab,but me being a short house anyway it won’t matter.
I think I am going to enjoy the next three months in the Axor,but I still cannot wait for the New Actros to arrive!!

Dan.

Dan, i drive and sleep in them all the time, thats all we have at our place apart from a couple of short term hire Actros, only problem i find with them is having to step over everything to get in the bunk, otherwise no problem atall, mind you i havnt spant any time in one of these mobile hotels yet, but as i said they do the job and will do me :slight_smile:

I agree zorba,bunk access is limited and you have to master the krypton factor assault course just to get into bed!
It was the same in my old Atego rigid which is basically the same cab.
But I don’t have any real moans about the Axor yet.
My one has electric windows and air con fitted,the gearbox is easy to operate too.
I would appreciate any comments on this truck,especially from members who have “lived” in one.

Dan.

my opinions are.
the 430 pulls well (straight 6). much better than the actros(v6)
i have the telligent box which is errrmmm ok i suppose (prefer a man comfort shift).
bunk. rock hard
remove the paperwork tray for easier access to the bunk.
storage net above bunk ok but would prefer more lockers.
build quality is cheapo by merc standards.
most annoying thing is that they slide around alot in the wet (6x2 s).
overall opinion.
a budget fleet truck for the masses.