merc actros

had a shot at the actros today,one off the lads i know works for summers transport in fife,and he let me have a drive.i must admit i was impressed.from the outside it looks pretty small,until you get inside and you have the walk through cab,with plenty of room to stand up.i had a look around it when i first stepped into it and i’m looking for the gear system,and i’m baffled.then i see’s the arm rest and there’s this small lever,hey presto found them.all the fancy sounds etc,and if you select wrong gear it soon let’s you know.i found the seating very comfortable.overall very impressed.

just a :question: for anyone who drives them,gerry the guy who drives it was saying that he gets alot of fluff from the seats,and that he has tried to get seat covers for them.but because it’s the new one he can’t get any cover’s for it.has anyone thats got the new actros got seat covers and if so where can he get them :question:

One tip, the manual 'telligent gearbox always downshifts to use maximum engine braking unless you use the buttons for a full gear downshift, or the paddle for a half gear. Not a problem on a good road, but if it gets slippery, then it’s probably wise to be more assertive over the box. Was a tad scary on your first run out with an Actros and 3" of snow around the place.

tck tck tck, guess what you [zb]ed up but not a bad wagon the interior is too girly even for me, how many lipstick holders does a girl need?And the colour of the seats just scare’s me but a fair ride all the same. :laughing:

had a shot at the actros today

I hope you didnt miss it. I dislike them even more than Rob K dislikes his Renault. LT said they are too girly, I agree with her.

I was always a lover of Mercedes Trucks when they were the old cab.

Id rather have a 1850 SK

I dislike them even more than Rob K dislikes his Renault.

Ah.But Rob does drive a Renault.Doesn’t Volvo own them? :smiley:

Ken.

Quinny:

I dislike them even more than Rob K dislikes his Renault.

Ah.But Rob does drive a Renault.Doesn’t Volvo own them? :smiley:

Ken.

Saw you t’other week Ken, going past Hartshead with that same trailer about the low branches. It was a white Twingo pulling it and I oggled in at the driver (who I assumed to be you) but he was too busy watching the road :unamused: . Was dawdling along at 50mph too but was on the climb from the 606 so maybe full.

Can’t remember t’reg. PM me it to refresh my memory.

kitkat:
just a :question: for anyone who drives them,gerry the guy who drives it was saying that he gets alot of fluff from the seats,and that he has tried to get seat covers for them.but because it’s the new one he can’t get any cover’s for it.has anyone thats got the new actros got seat covers and if so where can he get them :question:

The shop at Lymm truckstop has 'em if he is ever down that way.