Actros drivers....

…what do you like/dislike about the current model?

Likes none.

Dislikes everything.

End of thread lol

Ok the ride is a bit harsh if its got mono leaf springs.
And the gearbox is poor compared to the ishift.
But, as an owner driver I like 10/12 mpg.
And a good place to overnight.
Swiveling passenger seat would be good.
OH, and a Merc dealer that was not ■■■■.

simcor:
Likes none.

Dislikes everything.

End of thread lol

Yep same thoughts , I moved from a late 16 plt Actros to a 14plt MAN TGX and don’t want to go back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spoiled Jessie.
Has nobody driven anything from the 70s?

Gearbox , beds like sleeping on a park bench , quality of ride , engine screaming it’s nuts off , give me My 62 plate daf xf back anyday :open_mouth: on a plus side they do look the dogs ■■■■■■■■ but that’s about it oh and the flat floor

ROADRANGER:
Spoiled Jessie.

The only thing I drove in the 70’s was my mum and dad nuts as I was born in 75

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ROADRANGER:
Spoiled Jessie.

Yeh me.
Atki split screens, A, B, C series ERFs, Leylands Bedfords Fords…but Actroses are still crap. :bulb:

Yernow what, all lorries i’ve driven have had good points and bad points.
Actros holds the record as the only lorry that hasn’t got one single good point that i could find, other than maybe the V6 sounded quite nice, even if it wouldn’t pull you out of bed :unamused:

Apart from the Ford transcon, I would not swap anything I drove from the start of my so called career for the actros.

Like:
Fuel consumption (1840 artic does 14mpg on some runs)
Retarder - can go ages without touching brake pedal sometimes
Looks
Cupholders
Handling - not as twitchy as Axor

Dislike:
Gearbox - can sometimes leave me stranded hunting for a gear when trying to pull away from rolling start
Seats - Axor ones comfier
Interior design - looks pretty, but all nooks & crannies are a mare to keep clean as opposed to the simple flat surfaces of the Axor. Plus nowhere to put paperwork Axor had nice central document tray.
Rear window - single rear window of Actros not as good as the twin big ones on the Axor when blindside reversing.

ROADRANGER:
Spoiled Jessie.

Yes , a n reg Bedford tk and then a v reg LB81 Scania wagon and drag with a pull down bed :unamused:

largebloke1969:

ROADRANGER:
Spoiled Jessie.

Yes , a n reg Bedford tk and then a v reg LB81 Scania wagon and drag with a pull down bed :unamused:

A cushette no less :sunglasses: there’s posh for you.

I’ve just been shifted from a 67 plate man to a 66 actros and it’s ■■■■. Gears are terrible and it’s sounds like a bag of spanners, awful to drive. Sound system is great though and there is plenty of storage in there.

GasGas:
…what do you like/dislike about the current model?

A recycled U-boat.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.

Likes- looks… when blinked up a bit.

Hates- gearbox, gearbox, gearbox. In auto it’s terrible, in manual it’s better but definitely not great. Build quality of exterior cab plastics are poor, steps are always cracking. Engine only wants to rev its knackers off (gearbox again). Stupid large mirrors, (Volvo saw the light and reduced mirror size on new model, Merc…errr…created bigger blindspots) :confused: .

I have just spent the last 4 days in a brand new 2546.

Good points: Arrived with 145km on the clock and its averaged 10.8mpg over the 4 days pulling a reefer with veg as payload. For something with a tight engine/box/diff, thats good going to me. Also the actual driving seat, very comfy and lots of adjustment.

Bad points: Seat position. I’m 6ft and always prefer to have the seat pushed back, but to do this I had to fold the bunk up!! Seat Height, I have long legs, but had to have it on its lowest suspension setting. Any higher and me feet were off the floor.As said previous, gearbox hunts from a rolling start. Cant believe they haven’t got this right (I last drove an Actros 15 years ago!). Interior plastics are to say the least cheap. In my opinion won’t last and will look tired within two years of constant different drivers. Bunk, rubbish. The original was a hard bunk, this isn’t even that. The unit I had, had no fridge or DAB radio, why■■? For the cost they should be standard fit. No USB points either for the radio or for general power/charging but an abundance of 24V lighter sockets!!! Flat floor is nice, but not that nice to warrant 4 tall steep steps into the cab, nearly as bad to get into as a Magnum used to be! Next to no interior lockers in the model I had, would be even less had it had a fridge fitted. Exterior looks are good, but the fit and finish of the plastics is rubbish.

The mirrors. Why oh why are they so big?? You can hide an artic behind them when you are trying to pull onto a roundabout. No need for anything that big.

I really wanted to like this truck, I really did, something a bit different to Scania world. But, it was a complete let down for me. Just glad I’m freelance and not saddled permanently with it. Now the Volvo I drove the other week…Awesome!!!

Droneman! try 4years not 4days amd yr spine will be fcd like mine! Ohh…we have narrow cab Actros which is biggest s…t you can get. Big one just half point better (we got one to try)

Just question for experts!

Is there anywhere in UK Actros with airbags instead of springs under back of the cab? I need to find one for sale as its only my chance for buying bullet proof MAN of my friend…he is looking for that exact thing…for ages now!

GasGas:
…what do you like about the current model?

Turning off the engine when the shift in it is finally over

GasGas:
…what do you dislike about the current model?

Getting given the keys to one

Its so bad and I dislike them so much that whisper I was actually glad one day when the office bod went to the Merc section of the keys board and took keys to an axor for me!

Better than the Baxxsore it replaced on our fleet, doesn’t leap around all over the road, the ride is still awful the gearbox is better from 2017 onwards on the 1840 and 2040 variants the earlier ones clank and grind like a big cuckoo clock.

And why 7 cup holders to fill with dandruff coffee?? the stereo is crap on the entry level trucks and why oh why does the steering pull like f*** to the left even when new.

We had a 2045 tall cab on demo and was a decent motor why are the entry level trucks so poor in every way.

Probably the worst entry level fleet truck on the market, the only plus point is the fuel consumption and thats all the big operators care about.