Actros drivers....

And why 7 cup holders to fill with dandruff coffee?? the stereo is crap on the entry level trucks and why oh why does the steering pull like f*** to the left even when new.

We had a 2045 tall cab on demo and was a decent motor why are the entry level trucks so poor in every way.

Probably the worst entry level fleet truck on the market, the only plus point is the fuel consumption and thats all the big operators care about.
[/quote]
^^^^^^
the newest actros ive ever had was a 2005 full spec 540 full auto . i kept it for 4 years and i thought it was the dogs doodahs in every way.
it never missed a gear except for the same regular corner coming off 1 particular roundabout uphill and it was better to hold it and rally it up,but other than that i kept up with whoever was in front shaking the bushes on roads like the 75 and similar and if anyone ever overtook me which was seldom,then it was only a mad tang,or scot on the pipe.
nothings perfect and it was up there with the best of the rest as far as im concerned.
hooking up and dropping was a doddle and it could go up gravel hills and mud where manuals couldnt go.
certain bits of trim were a bit tacky and the seat was kinda on the cheapo side,but i was perfectly happy with if as a good all rounder for spending a week or 3 away in.
it pulled to the left as well despite mercedes saying it didnt even after i made the service dude kack his pants after taking him out with me and letting go of the wheel on the motorway.
my own opinion was that its designed for the lhd market and it was hitlers revenge for coming 2nd twice. :slight_smile:

mike68:
why does the steering pull like f*** to the left even when new.

Because everything in Germany fights against the right

Cabs brilliant, switches are where they should be, huge fridge, flat floor and tonnes of space. Bunk is comfy imo. Perfect trampers cab.

Gearbox is the biggest let down or probably more the software that controls it. It just doesn’t respond quick enough to what you want it to do and imo in slow moving traffic it changes gear unnecessarily as if it doesn’t know what gear it wants to be in instead of using the engines torque.

Engine reving lol that’s the engine brake. It’s meant to be like that. Easy rectified by knocking it off cruise.

The engine is guttless but then it’s designed to be a echo unit not a bit grunt V8 pulling flat out on the limiter up the hills.

Looks wise it’s probably getting a bit outdated looking now.

The suspension and…

The gearbox, both designed on a Friday.

If my memory serves me correctly, didn’t the old Merc A series (possibly AKA V series) have such good cab suspension that it didn’t need an air suspended seat for the driver? What happened why change?

They look quite nice, the seats are comfy, spacious… apart from that it’s a stretch for positives to be honest.

They are gutless, the gearbox is pants, the dash isn’t very user friendly, mirrors too big, radio sound quality rubbish and that stupid key card thing is too big and pointless.

rob22888:
They look quite nice, the seats are comfy, spacious… apart from that it’s a stretch for positives to be honest.

They are gutless, the gearbox is pants, the dash isn’t very user friendly, radio sound quality rubbish and that stupid key card thing is too big and pointless.

The key thing was ZB big you never lost that in your pocket , I drive a MAN now and some times have to search my pockets as I forget which one I’ve put them in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:
The suspension and…

The gearbox, both designed on a Friday.

If my memory serves me correctly, didn’t the old Merc A series (possibly AKA V series) have such good cab suspension that it didn’t need an air suspended seat for the driver? What happened why change?

Yup, at Kwik Save we had a 1727 day cab on steel springs that put almost all modern vehicles to shame for ride and seat comfort, cracking motor.