Fingers crossed - kind of

I had quite a boring day again today, a total of about 150km to do 8 trips to and from a warehouse moveing packaging but something’s got me wondering :confused:

I work for this place quite regular (2 days plus per week) through an agency and really like working there, so about a month ago I sent them an application form, on spec.

This evening I was asked if I’d do one last run for them, I’d already done the paperwork and removed and completed my tacho but I agreed to do it as I had plenty of driving time etc left (used a new chart, is this right?). This final run (well the one before it) involves taking a forky with me to the warehouse to load me but someone different came on this run.

It was dark but this guy had a distinct “driving examiner” air about him, I “felt” I was being watched and noticed him look my way a few times when it was time to be checking mirrors etc and he didn’t seem too hot on his forklift! So, I can’t help but wonder if I’ve been covertly assessed :laughing: luckily for me I’ve been practicing hard at doing everthing right as I intend to take the class 1 again after christmas so I think I would’ve made a good impression!

Fingers crossed anyway, I’ll let you know if anything comes of it.

I reckon you passed :wink:

I would mark tacho cards with 1 of 2 and 2 of 2

Using two cards wouldn’t be a problem. I’ve done it myself before and as Rog says mark them card 1, card2. But why not make a manual entry on the back of the original card and put it back in? Doh, I was assuming you were using a different vehicle for the last trip. Ignore that then 'cos you’d no doubt filled in the centre field by then. Do the 2 card thing then :blush: :blush:

Technically, what you should do is put the same chart back in but complete the information required on the left hand side of the rear of the chart beforehand, doing a manual entry for any missing time. If you need a third stab at it, there is a place on the right rear of the chart to do this.

This will mostly be repeating the information on the front of the chart, but this is what you are supposed to do in these circumstances.

It’s surprising how many people don’t know this :wink:

Thanks Harry - I know to do it when changing vehicle (though last time I made a right mess of it) but was unsure because it was the same vehicle and I’d filled everything in on the front.

Thanks for clearing it up for me though.