new job

Well it finally looks like I’m getting a chance I have to pass the assessment drive on Thurs and it’s for a company in imingham not agencie so full time job which I’m happy about not bad money eather bit nervous for Thurs haven’t drove a artic since I past end of Nov but I no ill be fine so I’m well happy now

Good luck with it - - could be your lucky break.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Best of luck Sam, I’m sure you will be fine! :smiley:

Cheers just hope I haven’t forgot everything lol

Well done sir, hope assessment goes well for you and good luck in your new career.

Any one worked for handtrans in imingham how are they to work for class 1

Hi again Sam, I can’t tell you about the firm, but as it’s part of the pallet network, I can tell you a little about the work…
First off, you haven’t picked the easiest start for a Newbie on Class 1! :laughing:
But don’t let that put you off…

You’ll probably be making about 10 drops a day, along with a collection or two. So lots of maneuvering in and out of customers premises…
Some will be easy, others you will probably be asking yourself “How the hell do I get in, or out of here?” This is the time to pull up short and ask someone, and generally they are happy to help. Especially when you play the Newbie card and say this is your first week on an Artic! The key I’ve found is to approach slowly and work out what you’re going to do before it’s too late and you’re stuck with a tight blindside reverse. It may mean you’re going to use up a bit of shoe leather scoping out the drop and possibly inconvenience the public while your sat on the main road with the hazards on, but it’s better than getting yourself in a mess! Also try to remember or take not of which side the pallets are on for that drop and present the truck accordingly. When offloading pallets near the front of the trailer with a forklift, try and get the unit and trailer in a straight line, as otherwise a mindless forkie might/will destroy the arches on your units drive wheels. If your trailer has a tail-lift, give it a test run before you leave the depot to ensure you know how to operate it, and remember to only ever push pallets on. Never ever pull a pallet onto the tail-lift, as that is when accidents can happen, and you don’t want a pallet truck and pallet laid on top of you!!!

Best of luck pal, and if you don’t know, ASK ASK and ASK again! (You’re a Newbie, use the Newbie card! :grimacing:)

Cheers pal and thanks for the info well apresiate it when I spoke to them they said the load would be paper or talck but I’m looking forward to it been offered other work to on tippers and containers but it’s with agencie and been let down by them a lot all ready so think the perm job is more the way I want to go

samledger1212:
Cheers pal and thanks for the info well apresiate it when I spoke to them they said the load would be paper or talck but I’m looking forward to it been offered other work to on tippers and containers but it’s with agencie and been let down by them a lot all ready so think the perm job is more the way I want to go

I think you are right to take the perm job, as you are more likely to get looked after and shown the ropes.
Agencies just throw you in and expect you to get on with it, which isn’t so great for a Newbie, I know! :laughing:

Ye I no mate so going to stick with that and to be fair it really isn’t a bad wage eather but most of all it gets me the experience I need that’s the most important

My assessment drive tomoz
Going from Immingham to blackburn with a load then going from there to Liverpool to get re loaded and then back to imingham can’t wait

How did the drive go mate? I remember having a twitchy ring peice on my first day out in an artic!! Hopefully it was uneventful and you got the job.

I’m still sat on a bay at amazon in donny was nervous last night but all went away when I got in the truck upto now it’s been a really good everything has gone perfect so shouldn’t be no reason not to give me it but you never no but if it’s based off the drive today then should have it really

samledger1212:
I’m still sat on a bay at amazon in donny was nervous last night but all went away when I got in the truck upto now it’s been a really good everything has gone perfect so shouldn’t be no reason not to give me it but you never no but if it’s based off the drive today then should have it really

You’re base is right next door to ours!

You at Easttrans

Hope your getting paid for this assessment have you checked

samledger1212:
You at Easttrans

The other one.

No wasn’t getting paid new that didn’t no it was going to be a 15hr day tho but they were willing to give me a shot so 1 day not going to hurt but I’ll be very ■■■■■■ off if I don’t get the job cause the drive went really well I grafted hard to aching all over see when I get a phone call

And radar I can’t remember which is the next one was lol

samledger1212:
No wasn’t getting paid new that didn’t no it was going to be a 15hr day tho but they were willing to give me a shot so 1 day not going to hurt but I’ll be very ■■■■■■ off if I don’t get the job cause the drive went really well I grafted hard to aching all over see when I get a phone call

Now you have had your first day out what did you learn? was the driver you went with a good teacher?