Follow on to northernirish lads post

After reading through the posts in the other tacho thread on here I thought I would ask something.
I use a digital tachograph and when driving on the docks set it to ‘OUT’ for out of scope driving which I understand to be correct as driving on the docks will be classed as off-road driving??
What I want to know is why does it still record the driving time and add it the driving time I had done before entering the docks(you still with me?)
Come the end of the day, my print out totals all driving done, is it down to me to work out how much out-of-scope driving ive done and then deduct that from the total or should it work it out itself and im just doing something wrong.
Because come the end of the week sometimes the tachograph says ive done over 90hrs driving over two weeks, which i have done in total but some of which has been out-of-scope.(Bringing back under 90hrs legally)
:confused: :confused:
Any ideas.
Cheers.

i dont think the docks class as out of scope driving anymore i know the if you shunting in liverpool docks with a normal unit then you have to have a tacho or that could be my mates companies rulles

it’ll be a moot point shortly anyway as there is going to be no ‘driving off road’ like we had. Its all going. You’ll either be working,driving,POA or on break, end of story.

we’ve already started that with the digital tacho’s . In our own depots it was classed as off the road before we got these new trucks . Not anymore , it all counts .

Mike-C:
it’ll be a moot point shortly anyway as there is going to be no ‘driving off road’ like we had. Its all going. You’ll either be working,driving,POA or on break, end of story.

Apart from reducing the ability to fiddle, it’ll simplify things no end.

oooooooooooooooooooooooo