how many

are using digi tachos and know 100% what there doing with them :question:

I have two trucks with them fitted and know enough about them if you have any Q’s?

Not done my training course yet .

We have no trucks in our depot with digital tachos & we won’t be getting any for quite some time. Any spot hire trucks will be supplied with the old style tacho. We have been told that there is no need in even having to apply for our digital tacho cards yet.

Well considering our fleet is going to be 99.9% digi tacho in august i suppose my employers had better get their fingers out and get people trained up .

I have one but havent got a clue what to do with it.

We have no plans to use these new fan dangled DT how ever i have just learn,t that a hire company of LGVs we use from time to time “All Truck” will be using them,but will keep back some of their current style tachographs lorrys for hire.
There is no point in spending Hundreds of pounds on some thing we may only ever use maybe twice in a year. Dont get me wrong they seem like a better way to keep records for drivers, but if you only have a mini fleet like the company i work for, it will not pay for its self in the long run. :slight_smile: and i cant see the company forking out on new lorrys just for the sake of it, shame really it would be nice to have a little comfort than the bucket i end up with.
If any one wishes to donate to me a fine truck with all the spoils of comfort and is not short of a grand or two please send it my way. Santa keeps sending me toy trucks which is all very well but he says even he has his limits.
Its a cruel world. :unamused:

Patrick one of the lads at work does agency work at weekends and says you cannot adjust the clock it is set to euro time, i can’t see why you can’t you adjust
it

Dafman:
Patrick one of the lads at work does agency work at weekends and says you cannot adjust the clock it is set to euro time, i can’t see why you can’t you adjust
it

They will be set to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

UTC apparently and they cant be changed for daylight saving in the UK its bloody stupid if you ask me it means 6 months of the year we will have tachos at the right time and the other 6 an hour out.

If you wish you can change the displayed time to ‘local’ time but all recorded time will be UTC.

I run all my clocks on European time, my phones are on Euro time and so is my alarm clock. I always laugh at blokes on the train or ferry who have to adjust their watch because simple arithmetic confuses them :stuck_out_tongue:

No digi tacho here and I don’t intend on getting one either. Some of the firms I’ve been working for have been “demanding” I get one otherwise I can’t drive their wagons (apparently) but I find presenting them with the leaflet and pointing at the bit where it say whom to make the cheque payable to shuts them up temporarily and I get given an older wagon.

I’ve no doubt the day will come when I’ll have to get one, but rest assured I will be recouping the money from the company’s in one form or another :smiling_imp: .