Faulty Tacho? Recording Problem

Had a strange one today and hoped someone could give me some advice.

I had to use a different truck to mine !

Had a job from Coventry to the Gmex in Manchester, left at about 06:15 and drove up, took about 2 and 3/4 hrs to get there then switched over to hammers to unload which took about 30 mins.

Left and started my drive back and decided to stop on the M6 services for my break.

When i pulled in I was about 3 hrs 40 mins drive time so stopped and switched tacho to bed (i check this religisouly every time)

Had me butties and coffee, visit to the gents, couple of ■■■■ and a wander and back to the cab, now i always have 46 mins not 45 so again off i went on the way home.

Got near Brum jct 9 and tacho started to flash to say No 1 driver rest so flicked the switch and noticed driver 2 had recorded my time from the services but driver 1 was at 4hrs 15 mins ( there was no driver 2 and only my digi card in)

As i was stuck in traffic i couldnt do much and by the time i got back to the depot i was at 4 hrs 42 mins and tacho flashing red.

I did a printout when i got back and it says the rest i took was other work even though i know i switched it to rest, now i also have the roadhawk video showing times etc at the services showing me leaving the cab etc so is this looking to be like trouble■■?

Madguy :smiling_imp:

printout x2, explanation on both ie wrong mode - 45mins break took at ■■ o’clock until ■■45. sign both, 1 into tm, keep 1 for 28 days.

You’ll still get an infringement but just sign it, nowt to worry about.

waynedl:

Thanks for that, i did driver and vehicle printout, just dont understand how it happened and why it switched to driver 2.

madguy:

waynedl:

Thanks for that, i did driver and vehicle printout, just dont understand how it happened and why it switched to driver 2.

Power spike? My mate always left his tacho in at night until it switched to other work at 3am for no reason, he now ejects it.

The reason for 2 printouts (normally 2x driver 24hr printout) is because you have to hand it in after 28 days and it’s easy to forget or lose it, so just do 2 and hand 1 in straight away.