Finding a job with a French Haulier

Hi all,this week I sent a couple of e-mails to the French hauliers,ND and Transalliance.I received a quick reply from Transalliance saying that they would forward my details to the correct person and let me know of any jobs going.I have tried the www.anpe.fr site ,but most of the jobs require a current F.I.M.O,and have not come across any yet that will train someone up,although they do accept ‘Debutants’.
What is the best firm to go for,based in the North of the country,who will take on a Brit without the F.I.M.O.Are J C Fiolet any good,and does anyone know of their web address?
I am looking at regions 59 or 62.I did see an ideal position the other day on the anpe site,but they wanted a current F.I.M.O.It was based in Calais,delivering nationally,and trips across the water to Blighty.The money was ok,so it was a shame.Also on that site they only give you the french phone number to apply,rather than giving you an e-mail address,which would make it easier to get down in french roughly what I want to say.I know there are a good few of you in France to name a few,Craig,Froggy,and BondiTram,and Peter Le T! Thanks for any replies.Bye for now,Glenn.

Hi Glenn,

Fiolet doesn’t have a web site as far as I know; from what I hear it’s an okay company, one of the better paid in the north. All Volvo fleet too.
Have you had a look at TSA yet, just around the corner from me in St Martin au Laert?
transports-tsa.com/
Seems a well run firm, nice clean kit and all fairly modern. TSA also has a subsidiary in the UK so that could be of some help?
Norbert also has a depot just outside of Calais on the RN43, I believe the area is called Coulogne, but it’s only two minutes off the A16.
I can’t say that any of them will give you a job without FIMO, it may be one of those things that you’re going to have to spring for yourself, but when you factor in the reduced cost of living over here etc it may not seem so bad (i.e spend £1500 on the FIMO, but save £10k a year on living costs …)

Bon courage,

Craig

Some French operators have offices in this country, usually around the various ports, have you tried applying through them ?

Craig,two things save 10k on living costs ■■■■■■■■!second you forgot to say that there might be 1 or 2 places where you can do the fimo in english but for the most part it will have to be done totally in french and then Iam sure you know there is also the fcos which I took all in french that is for 3 days ,the fimo is 4 weeks of a job with exams in french all the way through,crazy yeah Ive some french pals down here who have gone to coll to learn trucking,mad!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah,thanks for the replies,I may go down the road of the ports and check out the offices of the French companies,and then take a trip over the water to visit a few companies if I can get some addresses.