Work in france wanted

hello, have just retired from the army after 22 years, looking for hgv work in the limousin region of france,dont mind some weekend work and travaling to work,
have held my licence for 10 yrs , no pionts,can anybody help or know of companys recruiting

Neil, welcome to TN, not much help I can give being retired sometime now, but try a PM to Caveman (Chris) he is living and working in Limousin at the moment. But be aware that you will need other qualifications (FIMO or FCOS depending on experience) in addition to your Heavy Goods licence (which you would have to exchange for a French one).
I shifted your post from Vacancies to Ex-Pats because the former is a restricted reply forum.

As Spardo quite rightly said its not so simple to get a driving job in France ,the first step is FIMO (Formation Initial Minimum Obligatoire ) but as you have had Army driving experience and can prove you have you have driven continously for the last 10 years you are exempt from this. The next hurdle is FCOS (Formation Continue Obligatoire de Securite ) this has to be done every 3 years, most large hauliers such as ND do it in house (well they did for me ) As Spardo said Caveman is in your area and works for Norbert. They only other place to look is on Angloinfo for your area,you might find a uk builder with a UK registered truck fitting fosse septiques needing a driver
Bon Chance.

Is the FCOS 3 years now then Kerbut? Mine was for 5 but extendable by another 2 if retired in the meantime, which I had. I think it is up for me next May and I wont be renewing, not at around € 400 for the course. My old patron was also one of those that pay for it. Mind you that may have only been because he forgot to ask me when I got the job, and I didn’t know about it. When we both found out later, I was on the course the next working day :open_mouth: :laughing: .

Spardo
Sorry ,you are correct ,just found this , Une FCOS d,un duree de trois jours etre passee par les conducteurs tout les 5 ans.

Voila! :wink: :slight_smile: