Got a job at last!

well for those of you that know and for those that dont, i passed the french fimo back in october of last year and had been looking for work over here ever since.
i was just about to give up on the idea and come back over to the uk and find tramping or international, with either stobarts or nobbies.
then i found a company willing to give me chance, doing removals.
i had always ruled removals out always seemed like hard work to me, but i am really enjoying it and it is much easier over here in france as we are geared up properly for it.
flats are a doddle we have a truck with a hydrolic ladder and platform that goes up the side of the building to the 9th floor and all the furniture goes out the window and straight in to the back of the truck, the only hard bit is loading the motor on your tod.
i have now been there just over 2 months and am getting on great, the guy i work for is really good if you have a problem it is sorted quickly and without fuss.
the only down side is the motor i drive, my nemesis a 3 year old iveco euroturd 380 bhp with that awful zf 16 speed knock through box (with a splitter that works when it wants too). it is set up with a de-mount van body but it has air suspension all round so not to uncomfy to drive.
most the time we run solo as the body will hold 55m3 but we have to drag trailors as well which can be a bind as they have to be dropped to load the truck body.
yesterday my boss went and picked up my new trailor all i need know is something half decent to pull it with, but there is a new 95xf space cab on order and the rumer is it is for me but i wont hold my breath :unamused: :unamused:
i am now really starting to get to know my way around france, a couple of weeks ago i was about as far north as i could get and on a clear day i would have been able to see the white cliffs of dover, but as it was hazy no chance :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
next week i am of to paris again, 3 drops in the center re-load wednesday then off down south but i dont know where.
so if any of you international guys see a 43 registered white eurotec and sometimes with a drag on the back and with p. chanut in red across the frount and demenager bretons on the body, a saint georges cross and my caveman nameplate in the window on the autorotes of france or maybe back over in blighty , spain, italy or portugal give me a flash or a wave it will most definatly be me.
salut
chris

Congrats on the job Caveman :smiley:

Congratulations on the job caveman :smiley:

WELL DONE MATE : now don,t forget to post here on the net about the
trips you do and all of the things that happen good or bad , and it does sound like you have found a good employer all best and enjoy yourself.

well done caveman

Nice one Caveman.

Well done. I thought you had returned, glad to hear it’s turned out all right

Great news Chris, although I don’t often stray far afield these days I’ll keep an eye out and remember if you’re over in 24 , give us a call. PM me if you’ve lost the number.
Where are you living now, I thought your relatives were decamping back to Blighty?

Salut, David.

:smiley: Ah…
After you said you’d be returning, i did wonder what had happened to you!
Thought maybe you’d cracked a few more ribs instead. :laughing:
Glad to hear of your good news.

nice to hear bout ur new job caveman all the best

thanks guys :smiley: :smiley:
i am still in the haute loire as the auberge hasnt sold yet, to be honest we havent even had a sniff of a buyer so every one is still down here. to be honest my sister and bro in law are mad to be even considering going back to the uk but that is what they want to do.
as for keeping up the diary i will try as best i can, the reason for not being on here much of late is that i am so bloody tired when the weekend gets around all i want to is sleep but i am getting better now, still the 4:30 alarm in the mornings is a bit of a shocker :unamused: :unamused:
i will tell you about a job last week thou, it was an old granny and her appartment was full of flees!!! needless to say i got eaten alive and even found 5 or 6 in my socks but how the smell didnt kill them off i will never know :laughing: :laughing: i even found a few more in the bottom of the shower tray that nite :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
when i lifted the matress of the bad i was nearly sick as i stunk so bad of pee :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
i was still scratching the next day and had to fumigate the truck as well as she wanted a lift with us to her new appartment…
but we are quite lucky we have some really nice clients, judges, a nun, lawyers, nurses, docters etc etc. some even take us out to dinner in the evenings and feed us before we hit the road back to the depot, and there is also the tips!!!
did a paris job a couple of weeks ago and scarred the pants of some parisien bloke who was sitting up my bum beeping his horn, being the pro that i am i kept my cool but he got out and came marching up the side of the truck so i jumped down and asked if he had a problem, he took one look at me and turned and ran back to his car. funnily enough didnt hear another sound out of him, cant imagine why… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
well had better go and get my stuff together for next week as i am away all week.
will post what happens this week at the weekend.
salut
chris
ps david i have your number in my mobile and if iam down your way will give you a call.

caveman:
i will tell you about a job last week thou, it was an old granny and her appartment was full of flees!!! needless to say i got eaten alive and even found 5 or 6 in my socks but how the smell didnt kill them off i will never know :laughing: :laughing: i even found a few more in the bottom of the shower tray that nite :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
when i lifted the matress of the bad i was nearly sick as i stunk so bad of pee :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
i was still scratching the next day and had to fumigate the truck as well as she wanted a lift with us to her new appartment…

Chris,
Fleas, the dreaded puces. A subject close to my heart at the moment as my 2 dogs are riddled after a week spent with 24 others while we were in England. We’ve sprayed them with Frontline, very expensive about €40 a bottle, bathed them, showered them, powdered them but still they were going mad so today I picked the little gits off one by one with the ■■■■ comb and plonked them in a bucket of water before they could jump back on. But.
I have just got this great little book about country cures for dog ailments and the section on fleas is 3 pages long. All relatively cheap and easy remedies one which we will try tomorrow (for I bet a few will have ‘re-boarded’) is simply a 2 to 1 mixture of cider vinegar to water in one of those spray bottles you get from the garden centres. Spray it all over and rub in to get rid and then a quick spray each day to prevent.
Yes, I know, you’re all itching like hell now but, serious point, if it happens again, and it will in your line of work, useful to know :unamused: .

Another simple remedy for the mattress is to sprinkle it with salt, leave for an hour, then hoover or beat it off.

Jeez - did you see that one jump :imp:

Salut, David.

caveman:
flats are a doddle we have a truck with a hydrolic ladder and platform that goes up the side of the building to the 9th floor and all the furniture goes out the window and straight in to the back of the truck

bet that’s a bit of a sod if they live on the 7th floor - wot with lumping the stuff up 2 floors :wink: :smiley:

or if i could just burn it!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
my dogs dont really suffer from fleas just tiques and the cats as well, not much fun trying to hold the little buggers down thou what with all those claws and all. they are mums cats so she can deal with them its much safer that way :laughing: :laughing:
chris