Uk international/european haulage companies

Hi there,

Just a little info: I’m from south-west France and currently studying at Falmouth University in Cornwall. After graduating I would like to undergo all the necessary training to become a trucker. Growing up in a van mostly in France has shaped me into a person that would like to pursue the international/european trucker route. Hopefully the fact of being totally bilingual English/French and having spent a lot of time driving in France will help a little bit towards this goal.

My question is: Which UK haulage companies do mostly international/european work? That way when I’ve gained needed experience I can apply for a job at companies that will give me the highest chance of drive mostly abroad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

P.S Please no doom-and gloom about the industry! I’ve heard enough negative stuff from the photography world and in the trucking one, too.i

S&K from Wales.

Silver_Surfer:
S&K from Wales.

Cheers.

Any companies based in Cornwall/Devon or north Wales at all?

Conway Bailey Transport
Redruth…Nice fleet of motors too also owns RR transport…

conwaybailey.co.uk/‎

Google the firms called Armoric , they do uk and euro in fride trailers or Garner ltd or Westfields in Truro for uk work.The following firms are French but have depots and offices in the uk and hire uk drivers=Jc Fiolet,Transportes saint arnould or tsa and Norbert Dentressangle have many depots in France for deliveries in the uk and all over europe.

And Dennis Oates international or Riverford farms.

I am fluent in french i taught myself by reading kids books then work up to adult books as my teacher was aggresive at school i would study in the library alone.when driving in france you learn fast while eating in the routier restaurants.you could try the eures website for job search or go on the vosa o licence website that lists transport firms in your area.

If it’s south west companies then Armoric freight from plymouth is probably your best bet. There drivers never seem to change which tells me they must be good to work for.

The irish firms go everywhere like dixons.o leary.sure freifgt.nolans.breen trans.maguires and armoric do austria and swiss

That’s great guys, thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

If there’s any more, keep them coming :smiley:

By the way, are there any UK based companies that haul abnormal loads throughout Europe?

Google firms that haul boats to europe they go to mallorca ibiza for the rich and famous then bring them back in winter for repirs andvrenovation by sunseeker in poole dorset.in the truck mags you can put a free mag to offer yourself for work.try rapido and gumtree job sites.

H C Wilson Transport Limited - Home

hcwilsontransport.com/‎

H. C. Wilson Transport Limited, Grove Lane Industrial Estate, Elmswell, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, IP30 9HN Tel: 0044 (0) 1359 240558 Fax: 0044 (0) 1359 …

This company do a lot of heavy haulage over the water.

Snowgo:
If it’s south west companies then Armoric freight from plymouth is probably your best bet. There drivers never seem to change which tells me they must be good to work for.

It’s nigh on impossible to get a job with these,dead mans shoes springs to mind.
A colleague of mine father works there has done for many years.

There’s Peter Green in Evercreech Somerset.

Darley Fords from devon/cornwall, i see them quite a lot in italy. And if your willing to travel for work, then E M Rogers from northampton always give lads a chance, money’s not the best, but the experiance is spot on !!

Smiths of scotter.

Peter Green does Norway and Europe and Pulleyn at Reading does Turkey and Scandinvia and all of Europe.

Also got

Isis - bristol/glos Alot of france germany italy greece
Bath intl - bristol
Simon scrivin - bristol
Db intl - bristol
S&k. Barry
Td williams - swales
Gerry jones swales

Just a few that still do reguler euro from s west

Ray White! Based at Kemble Airfield, Gloucestershire.

Or Sparks Transport of Glastonbury, Somerset.

toby1234abc:
The irish firms go everywhere like dixons.o leary.sure freifgt.nolans.breen trans.maguires and armoric do austria and swiss

Sorry Toby, I’m picking on you again :blush:

Please don’t ever quote the likes of Breen’s, O’leary, or Nolan’s with proper Irish companies again, these companies give the haulage industry a bad name!!!

By all means if your into using gadgets to put your tacho to sleep, want to sail on boats and not get paid, or park up for a weekend and not get paid these are the type of employer to look for. ooooh and that’s on top of the €80 or €90 you get for working a 15 hour day!!!

A tip when looking for an Irish employer
If thier based in Wexford, run a mile!!!