UK/France HGV Tramping

Hi Has anyone got any Ideas, I am trying to find work between France and UK, I don’t mind doing the same journey day in day out, or continuing on all over France or UK, but I want to get back to France for days off, I can be based from Montlucon France, or Brighton area UK
Thanks
jimbubba C, CE, D, DE CPC until 2019 Digi Card

Have you tried looking on the EURES website as they list work available in all European countries

Hi yes I have looked at the eures site, I just thought I would try my luck on here, I would be just as happy with a regular contract, home every night here in France,
But thanks anyway

Try rdv transports they based calais area they only do UK/France

Norbert ?

Thanks guys I have just emailed RDV, as for Norbetdentressangle I never seem to get an answer from them :question: :question: :question:

transports-tsa.com/indexea30.html?id=32&L=2

they have English drivers, they have/had depot at Alconbury airfield.

That’s because norb only employs eastern euros now as he can get 3 bulgos I think for the price of a Frenchman.

Kindle’s advice is spot on, TSA is probably one of the only real options you’ve got, although you may want to try some of the other firms up in 62 who do daily cross-Channel work: JC Fiolet in Arques, Polley up in Calais, or Deroo in Blendeques.

Have you checked the French sites for vacancies, such as leboncoin or jobtransport?

~ Craig

Thanks for all your reply’s I have emailed TSA, as for norbert’s sounds about right all the big guy’s seem to use eastern european drivers, I guess they like to pay low wages and high insurance premiums.

Deroo have a contract running cardboard from wardrecques near St omer into the uk daily. Jc fiolet are also regulars on the job. (as Craig posted above.)

Don’t forget , if you work for a French company, working from a depot within France, driving a French registered truck, they will only employ you if you have their equivalent of the DCPC, the" F.I.M.O."
If you’ve got your English DCPC card, it is valid in France and they will accept it, as Craig can confirm

Hi again, yer no worries I have my English DQC, (DCPC) Just wanted to say thanks again for all the reply’s