Finally got some work

Well after a long wait manpower have finally sorted my references out and iv got some work this week. Working for 3663 tomorrow in battersea starting at 5.30 and then royal mail on fri/sat doing some van multi drop work. Really looking forward to tomorrow, bit apprehensive even if it is just one day. Shall let ya know how it goes. :smiley:

Class2ldn:
Well after a long wait manpower have finally sorted my references out and iv got some work this week. Working for 3663 tomorrow in battersea starting at 5.30 and then royal mail on fri/sat doing some van multi drop work. Really looking forward to tomorrow, bit apprehensive even if it is just one day. Shall let ya know how it goes. :smiley:

That’s great news mate. :smiley:

If there’s anything on the job that you’re uncertain about; please ASK somebody, rather than making a screw-up by guessing. :wink:

Thanks dave , I think my main concern is that iv had no details of what the job involves, I know they are a food distribution company but I was just told turn up at 5.30. Also a bit worried about the gearbox in the truck as I passed in an iveco knock over box so bit worried about crunching the gears especially if it’s a splitter, iv read about them on the page here, I guess it’s just getting out there and trying it. I’m not worried about driving as such as iv driven all round London in 50 ft coaches so that’s fine but I just don’t wanna mess things up, it’s only one day but ya never know they might offer a job in the future so just wanna get things right. Is it normal practice to send so done out with you on the first day or is that laughable?

3663 is easy work if a bit heavy sometimes, basically everythings caged, youll have a load plan telling you what cages are what and where int he truck they are, and all u do is take the cages to the customer and take any emptys fromt hem back, its simple really,

as for a splitter dont worry about them they are easy, same principal as a slap over as in when u get to the top of low range u flick the switch and up into high range. same with going down bottom of high range flick switch and into low range.

royal mail is simple aswell, that is if your at the mail and not parcelforce, youll be in a corsa sized van delivering parcels, not really rocket science. though watch out for the picket lines

Thanksfor that, don’t mind a bit of hard work lol. As for royal mail well there argument ain’t mine and seeing as iv been out of work 3 months I don’t really care, I got bills to pay and a daughter to help feed so if they get the hump then sorry but tough, I sympathise but I need the money. To be fair manpower did say if I’m not happy I don’t have to go but I’m not too fussed. Have to wait and see how it is the first day.

Done 3663 for 4 months last year, just be careful of ‘missing’ stuff as you’ll have to write credit notes and when you get back they won’t be happy if you have too many of them. Working for Royal Mail this week, loads of tramping between depots delivering would you believe mail. Will be interesting if this weeks strikes go ahead.

Class2ldn:
Thanksfor that, don’t mind a bit of hard work lol. As for royal mail well there argument ain’t mine and seeing as iv been out of work 3 months I don’t really care, I got bills to pay and a daughter to help feed so if they get the hump then sorry but tough, I sympathise but I need the money. To be fair manpower did say if I’m not happy I don’t have to go but I’m not too fussed. Have to wait and see how it is the first day.

each to their own and i see where your coming from so really its their problem.

Paul-H:
Done 3663 for 4 months last year, just be careful of ‘missing’ stuff as you’ll have to write credit notes and when you get back they won’t be happy if you have too many of them. Working for Royal Mail this week, loads of tramping between depots delivering would you believe mail. Will be interesting if this weeks strikes go ahead.

missing stuff?? Do u mean stuff that hasn’t been packed at the depot in the first place?

watch yaself with that 3663 work similar too my dbc experience ,