hello all

hello to all
my first day tomorrow in a 18ton lorry
got the butterflies already
any pointers

multi drop job

I’ve merged your two topics into one so that the replies are all together in one place. dd.

Dont panic mr mainwaring !!!lol

make sure you keep an eye on ur wtd hours as you may not use up your driving time along the day so dont forget your brk ,

anything your unsure of ask and make sure there is a pallet truck on and sack truck on board dont take the loaders word for it :wink:

dont bust a gut trying to do everything super fast you are on an unfamiliar route and wont be expected to do it at the same rate reg guy does !

dont be afraid to bring any drops back you cant deliver just call up office and explain ,

hope your feeling strong as well :wink:

most of all take your time and enjoy your day :slight_smile:

Jx

hi thanks
still trying to get my head around the laws wtd
:confused:

Hi there,

I passed my class 2 little over a year ago and got a start on multidrop within three weeks, is your job on a pallet network? if it is I would say try to get to know your regular drops, what side of the lorry they need to be if they tip you on the roadside for example. If some of your drops or in town centres you soon realise the exact spot you need to be. You will soon learn your route if you get a regualr run, so you can plot your way round. Dragging those heavy pallets about isn’t much of a pleasure so when you have any house deliveries try and encourage the customer to give you a push with it, make out you are doing them a favour (occaisonally they might cross your palm with a bit silver!!). Say to them strictly its a kerbside delivery but help me and I will do a favour!

You will rarelly reach your driving hours limit, so keep your eye on the WTD, me personally I work around 12 hours starting at 6. I get in 15 mins before some time before 12, the have another 30 or 45 mins around 1pm, this sees me thru the afternoon, some days though collections might be quiet and i can sit with my feet up for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Hope this helps you a little.
:slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to TNUK.

You will be more likely to get responses if you ask specific questions.

hello
thanks
it for a firm delivering pop
i starting at 8 am so if i have a 15min break at 10.30 will i take my second break at 2.00 pm?
for 30 mins
past my test 1997 but never used it untill now after getting made redundant as a construction
so laws have changed abit :open_mouth:

Hi, welcome :slight_smile:

Good luck with the new job, can’t offer advice as I haven’t yet got a hgv licence :slight_smile:

cozzer1:
hello
thanks
i starting at 8 am so if i have a 15min break at 10.30 will i take my second break at 2.00 pm?
for 30 mins
past my test 1997 but never used it untill now after getting made redundant as a construction

Aw man, you just brought back childhood memories of when a guy used to drive round delivering pop to your door. Like a milkman for kids :slight_smile:

I know that’s not what you will be doing btw. Have fun :slight_smile:

Raz38:

cozzer1:
hello
thanks
for 30 mins

Aw man, you just brought back childhood memories of when a guy used to drive round delivering pop to your door. Like a milkman for kids :slight_smile:

I know that’s not what you will be doing btw. Have fun :slight_smile:

and us kids used to run after the lorry with the return bottles to get a couple of pence for sweetie money ooh mate ur showing your age , we all used to hang onto the back of his lorry with roller skates or sit on the back having a ride round too :laughing:

omg what a day
lorry was a nail,wire was coming through on the tyre etc told them about it and they said it was reported bbut nothing hapened
,stacking barrow was broken.all carryed by hand :cry: