Filling in Tacho For Colleague

Is it perfectly legal for somebody else to fill in a tacho chart for you ?

I had a really busy day yesterday and had to jump into a lorry and take it to the fitters
to be fixed. My colleague thought it would helpful to fill in my tacho chart and have it
ready for me to insert into my tacho machine as soon as I got back to the depot, he seemed
to think this was perfectly ok…I told him it wasn’t and got rid of it and filled out a new
one myself.

Can anybody clarify this for me?

Many thanks,

Nick.

It was until you came on here and told the girls :unamused: :laughing: :angry:

At a guess, everything except the driver name would be okay.

My understanding is that the legislation requires the driver to complete the centre field details himself, although quite how DVSA would know whether he wrote it or not is another matter. Responsibility for the accuracy of what is written would rest with the driver regardless of who actually wrote the entries.

I guess the DVSA would notice a difference in hand writing maybe.

Thanks for the feedback gents.

Why would it matter who filled the card out, as long as the person driving the truck is the person whose name is on the card?

helisellson:

Thanks for the feedback gents.

Definitely. Ex SAS CSI members work for the DVSA. Once GCHQ get involved you are buggered.

sometimes its best to forget to write the name in…who on earth could possibly care about the details so long as they are correct and not written in crayon.get a life!

tang tacho.jpg

If in doubt cover your arse…but I would have thought as long as it has been correctly filled in there shouldn’t be a problem? It doesn’t require a signature?

dieseldog999:
sometimes its best to forget to write the name in…who on earth could possibly care about the details so long as they are correct and not written in crayon.get a life!

See even drivers do their bit for recycling…

Are you for real? Have you nothing else to do out ask a stupid question like ? You better watch vosa doesn’t find the chart that you disposed off as you will most likely get your Lisence revoked :laughing: :unamused:

dave docwra:

dieseldog999:

See even drivers do their bit for recycling…

yep…old scrap bits of wire…discarded magnets…we all like to do our but to protect the planet and save the rainforests.every summons or gv9 i wangle out of means less paper wasted.it all adds up you know… :slight_smile:

helisellson:

If they go to that level to find something to do you for then your tacho being filled out by someone else is the least of your problems