Tachos..double mannin?

anybody help me with this?

if your a drivers mate for the day,do you need to use the tacho.even if your not doing any driving.also,i did a week recentley and there was no tacho in the 3.5t truck.i was told i dont need to keep a record of any driving etc in it,and that my time sheets to my agency would be my record.can anyone clear this up for me.i cant see mr vosa being happy with all the above when he pulls me over to question me on my working hours■■?

ten4rubberduckie:
if your a drivers mate for the day,do you need to use the tacho.even if your not doing any driving

NO tacho required if no driving done at all that day

ten4rubberduckie:
no tacho in the 3.5t truck.i was told i dont need to keep a record of any driving etc in it

Only commercial vehicles over 3.5 tonnes require a tacho
This is classed as ‘other work’ for the EU regs if required - see below

If no driving under EU regs is done in the week (mon 0000 to sun 2400) then no tacho records need to be kept

If there was EU driving done in the week (mon 0000 to sun 2400) then you must record all the other work done on the other work days onto a digi card or use a seperate analogue tacho card for each day worked with your name, date, start & finish time on each.

ten4rubberduckie:
my time sheets to my agency would be my record.

Seems ok

If your a drivers mate in a truck with a digi tacho. When u both insert your cards in slots 1 and 2, 1 being the driver and 2 being you the drivers mate. It will automatically record the drivers mate as “rest” through out the shift.

if ive worked monday tuesday wednesday as a drivers mate,then get get called on to do some driving on thursday,i havent been keeping any records so far for the other days.does this mean i have to then make manual entries for monday tuesday wednesday.bearing in mind i wouldnt have known about this driving day in advance(thursday).surley if the vehicle is fitted with a tacho,digi or analouge,i need to use it evrey day,just in case a driving day pops up so i have records for the other days?

ten4rubberduckie:
if ive worked monday tuesday wednesday as a drivers mate,then get get called on to do some driving on thursday,i havent been keeping any records so far for the other days.does this mean i have to then make manual entries for monday tuesday wednesday

If the driving is under EU regs then yes you do need to make those entries - many find it easier to use a seperate analogue card for each of the other days but it’s your choice

ten4rubberduckie:
if the vehicle is fitted with a tacho,digi or analouge,i need to use it evrey day,just in case a driving day pops up so i have records for the other days?

Why bother as you may not do any EU driving in that week - easier just to fill in a few cards if you need to

got it.when you have to back track a few days and make manual entries for your drivers mate time,how do you remember what youve done? poa,other work? i suppose you need to keep a personnal record all the time so you know what youve done? one more thing,can time as a drivers mate also be recorded on a analouge chart(manually)even if in a digi truck?or does that need to be done on print outs? sorry for all the questions.thanks :slight_smile:

ten4rubberduckie:
got it.when you have to back track a few days and make manual entries for your drivers mate time,how do you remember what youve done? poa,other work?

you don’t !!

All you need to remember is your NAME (easy for most :wink: :laughing: ) DATE, START & FINISH TIMES - nowt else

great! just concentrate on the old driving driving now then! cheers for that. have a good un! :smiley:

FarnboroughBoy11:
If your a drivers mate in a truck with a digi tacho. When u both insert your cards in slots 1 and 2, 1 being the driver and 2 being you the drivers mate. It will automatically record the drivers mate as “rest” through out the shift.

It won’t, it will record the time as POA. That is why VOSA assume the first 45 minutes of POA for the card in slot 2 to be break because you cannot record break in slot 2 while the vehicle is in motion. Note this assumption by VOSA only applies to multi-manning operations. You can’t claim 45 minutes of POA as break while single manning.