Help needed on tacho rules

hi im a newbie here
and quite new to profesional driving, i work for an agency driving 7.5 tonners,
ive been at one company this week driving on digi tacho, my usual truck has had to go to the garage for work so today they sent me out in a non tacho sprinter,
my question is do i have to show it as other work, tomorrow im working elsewhere and will be back on analogue tacho
i phoned the agency and they said i didnt need to do anything, but reading the goverment book on drivers hours it says i have to account for all other work whether driving or non-driving
and if i do i assume i put it on the back of a tacho disk and what inormation do i need to put ie: vehicle reg milages etc. and are the rules about breaks etc still apply in the 3.5ton
thanks in advance

Hi pcmpaul , welcome to TruckNet UK

yes it does count as other work and it’s a good idea to write it on the back of a tacho

As for breaks, you will be covered by UK domestic rules which has no requirement for a break

thanks for that, what information do i need to put, reg number milage etc. or just a trace for driving/ break etc
thanks

I’d just date a blank chart and write that you drove a van and put a mark when you started work and finished work. Just explains what you were doing and when.

ok ill do that, thanks a lot for your help guys

pcmpaul:
thanks for that, what information do i need to put, reg number milage etc. or just a trace for driving/ break etc
thanks

Your name, the date, start time and finish time. That’s all that is required, no need for anything other than just those four things.