Help and advice.

Hi all new to the forum so please go easy on me :slight_smile:
I mainly drive a van but sometimes i will deliver or collect a lorry to a garage then the rest of the day is in a van.
My questions are,when im in a van for the rest of the day do i have to manually fill in a tacho to show my hours of work.
Also if i dont drive a lorry just a van all day do i have to fill in tacho every day.
Any help and advice will be very much appreciated.

ians58:
Hi all new to the forum so please go easy on me :slight_smile:
I mainly drive a van but sometimes i will deliver or collect a lorry to a garage then the rest of the day is in a van.
My questions are,when im in a van for the rest of the day do i have to manually fill in a tacho to show my hours of work.
Also if i dont drive a lorry just a van all day do i have to fill in tacho every day.
Any help and advice will be very much appreciated.

On any day when you drive under EU regs all the work done on that day must be recorded
For the van work easiest way on such days is to use manual entry on analogue card, digi printout roll or domestic hours sheet

For non EU regs days then nothing needs recording but may be best to keep a diary of start and finish times

In any week when time is spent on EU regs then the weekly rest rules must be adhered to

Driving the van is other work for the EU regs

If you’re only delivering/collecting empty lorries to a garage for maintenance repair or washing it’s exempt from the EU regulations so no tachograph use is legally required.

tachograph:
If you’re only delivering/collecting empty lorries to a garage for maintenance repair or washing it’s exempt from the EU regulations so no tachograph use is legally required.

Even if empty would that be considered part of a commercial operation in the same way as driving back empty :question: OR exempt from that as a separate journey :question:

ROG:

tachograph:

Even if empty would that be considered part of a commercial operation in the same way as driving back empty :question: OR exempt from that as a separate journey :question:

Yes officer. I am empty. I don’t need a tachograph card because I’m taking it to Dover to have it washed.

Thanks for the reply its much appreciated :slight_smile: