Female Co-op Driver

Last Friday evening, I was on the A42 North approaching the Castle Donnington exit and I’ve caught up with a Co-op artic. There’s a suitable gap in the traffic so I start overtaking it. I get level with it and there’s a really nice looking lass driving and rolling a cigarette at the same time. Half a mile later and I’m almost past it - another couple of feet and I could’ve pulled back into the inside lane.

However, this woman had other ideas…

Instead of flashing me in, she toes her truck and undertakes me! Its Friday evening so theres a queue of traffic as far as the eye can see behind me.

How can we portray a professional image to the public when idiots like this have got HGV licenses? What happened to maintaining a steady course and speed? Should I write to her TM and complain? If so, who do I write to?

Should I write to her TM and complain? If so, who do I write to?

I wouldnt bother mate! Her TM wont be bothed so you will just be waisting you time and effort…
If I wrote to all the TM’s of drivers who did that to me I would have to employ a secretary! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I would just put it down to trials and tribulations of being a Professional driver!

tell jonboyexrh.

he works for them and knowing him he will have something to say about it.

hello brummie, what time was it? and was she in a foden? theres no women on fulltime night shift at alfreton depot, but… ive heard theres a lass been doing a bit for us on agency. to be fair though-it also happens with male drivers :wink: .
if you pm me ill send the tms name and company address… i`ll also print this off and take it to work tonight!
rgds jon

Is this a trait with Co-Op drivers■■?

I had nigh on exact the same thing happen to me today on the M1!!

Except the ■■■■■■ got a shock … I let him get halfway back up the inside of me and then I floored it!! My Speed Limiter packed up yesterday and although I have been really really really good and been running everywhere at 58, I couldn’t resist just taking it up to 66 for a mile
And Jon, it was a Foden

jonboy, just out of interest,up here i see alot of 17tonners on the motorways.would they be doing delivery’s to shops after they close :question: or do they have keys to the shops and drop stuff of for next morning.or is it trunking in 17tonners :question:

I would say that she was running from Halesowen to Ossett…

Niall.

Half a mile later and I’m almost past it - another couple of feet and I could’ve pulled back into the inside lane.

Maybe that was the problem, if you are only giving her two feet between your trailer and her cab.

When you got level with her you are using the slip stream, it took half a mile to pass on the level

Wheel Nut:
Maybe that was the problem, if you are only giving her two feet between your trailer and her cab.

When you got level with her you are using the slip stream, it took half a mile to pass on the level

What?!!! I always wait for the flash or, if I don’t get it, I’ll give the truck I’m passing plenty of room before I pull in. Whatever way you want to put it, what happened to maintaining constant speed - she undertook me far quicker than I overtook her!

Relying on “the flash”

The flash by drivers of old was a knight of the road thing to assist overtaking on a single track road. when the mirrors were 3’’ circular discs on a vibrating stem.

I have seen many drivers overtaking and cutting in too sharp, some get pressurised from the truck behind, some get a helping hand from the weight as they get into the power band.

I drop back when im being overtaken by a slow vehicle. Not everyone does, you have to live with it.

brummie, i asked last night and the manager on nights told me the only women weve had at alfreton lately were 1 on saturday night, and a regular who drives for hartshornes in a blue space cab daf pulling our trls. the bear- yes it must be a trait with the co-op :unamused: .. nobody else drives like a complete ■■■ on britains roads do they? :unamused: kitkat- the furthest north i get is tebay pal so im sorry i dont know. they dont send 17 tonners down though, so id guess theyre on shop work. rgds jon

Wheel Nut:
Relying on “the flash”

The flash by drivers of old was a knight of the road thing to assist overtaking on a single track road. when the mirrors were 3’’ circular discs on a vibrating stem.

I have seen many drivers overtaking and cutting in too sharp, some get pressurised from the truck behind, some get a helping hand from the weight as they get into the power band.

I drop back when im being overtaken by a slow vehicle. Not everyone does, you have to live with it.

I couldnt agree more, I remember some of them budgie cage mirrors as well I had them on a 66 TK :laughing: Oh, and I slow down for them to get past, a lot more usefull and keeps things rolling quicker.