Nice bit of teamwork from fellow truckers!

Was trundling along the A2 this morning about 0330 near Gravesend, was having a nice relaxed shift until another car caught my eye, thought I was seeing things at first but there was a woman driving down the wrong carriageway.

She was driving along in lane 4 (I guess she thought she was safely going a nice quiet lane 1). Never seen this first hand before and had to have a few glances to double check I wasn’t imagining it.

Lucky for her a few of us truckers spotted her and did our best to try to attract her attention, but to no avail.

Anyway, the other trucks pulled ahead on order to try to give a bit of advance notice to the oncoming drivers (cars along that stretch are normally hitting a ton easy), whilst I sat parallel to her for at least 10 minutes constantly hitting the airhorns but she didn’t even glance her head either way, seemed like she was in a trance in all honesty.

Finally she was stopped after the police closed the carriageway by the Medway Bridge.

Hopefully she’ll be fine and thankfully it wasn’t any worse.

I was genuinely shocked/surprised that I couldn’t get her attention though, was sat in lane 4 just across the reservation, airhorns blasting constantly for over ten minutes as well as trying to wave and shout in vain, as I said she just seemed to be in a trance and didn’t turn her head to look in either direction other than dead ahead.

Fair play to you. Probly bonkers.

Silver_Surfer:
Fair play to you. Probly bonkers.

Probably was! Was weird though, pretty surreal with a dash of helplessness chucked in too just waiting for something to smash into her!

That’s prescription drugs for you or vodka :unamused:

Young woman did the same near W-S-M joined the NB M5 She was under the influence of D&D not a lot of clothing on Hit someone and killed her , Very sad as she had young kids at home…

I’ve been driving trucks since 1977 and never seen this happen first hand until about 3 years ago… I’ve seen it 3 times since…
last one was on the A1M near Boroughbridge about 4am one sunday morning, the roads were very quiet luckily,
the matrix signs came on advising 50mph, then 40mph, then 30mph, then ONCOMING VEHICLE…
this could be interesting I thought, the two or three of us travelling close by all moved into lane one
next thing was a mondeo coming towards us in lane 3 doing about 60 or 70 , followed by two cop cars on the correct carriageway with sirens on trying to get this drivers attention.
I never did find out what the outcome was but never heard of any accident , so they must have got it stopped.

andi_cardiff:
, as I said she just seemed to be in a trance and didn’t turn her head to look in either direction other than dead ahead.

99% of women drive like that :confused:

scanny77:
99% of women drive like that :confused:

:lol:

Saw the police had stopped a golf on the Medway bridge about that time but it was on the N/B carriageway.
Well done to all involved.

m1cks:
Saw the police had stopped a golf on the Medway bridge about that time but it was on the N/B carriageway.
Well done to all involved.

That’s the one, could’ve ended a lot worse.

My wife was coming back from London when I heard a report on the radio saying about a driver going the wrong way on the M4 near Chievely. I knew she had her bluetooth on, so I rang her to warn her that there was a car going the wrong way. Her reply?
“What the ■■■■ do you mean one!!! They ALL are!”

The Sarge:
My wife was coming back from London when I heard a report on the radio saying about a driver going the wrong way on the M4 near Chievely. I knew she had her bluetooth on, so I rang her to warn her that there was a car going the wrong way. Her reply?
“What the [zb] do you mean one!!! They ALL are!”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just passed a van going nb on the sb m11 at j10. Police were about a minute behind it on the nb side. Hope they got it stopped.

Had this in france, 1st toll booth out calais heading to rouen way, is a high bridge just before the tolls, its dark, I can see blue cop lights on otherside carriage way ive just overtaken truck pulled in & a little pug 306 wizzes past in the lane ive just vacated, quite a shake up!