Female hgv drivers

Hey guys not being sextist in any way or form but was wondering any one know any female drivers on the roads seen a few over the last week but not often I see any .

My sister’s been doing the job for well over 40 years, still is, does that count.

You don’t see drivers in the cab like you used to whatever ■■■ they happen to be, cabs are as dark as hell, drivers playing peek a boo from behind tasselled curtains drawn half along the windows, pelmet hanging down covering half the windcreen, its a job to tell if there’s anyone in the cab at all.

At any one time, we’ll have a female candidate about to start training, having training or just finished training.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

In all truth and fairly obviously not as many ladies take the plunge as men. However in my experience the female pass rate exceeds the boys.

We have trained female board members as most trainers here have.

As we say not a hard test to pass but easy to fail.

rjm87:
Hey guys not being sextist in any way or form but was wondering any one know any female drivers on the roads seen a few over the last week but not often I see any .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109553&hilit=female

I saw one the other day at matalan dc liverpool maaaan she was smoking hot too…

I will hopefully be on the road in the new year, awaiting my theory which is a week Monday! Wish me luck!!! :open_mouth:

Jaz-mr2:
I will hopefully be on the road in the new year, awaiting my theory which is a week Monday! Wish me luck!!! :open_mouth:

Good luck! Mine is 2 days after yours :open_mouth:

And me! I’ll be trucking in the new year :slight_smile:

rjm87:

We have two female drivers at our place and one of them is only 21 yrs of age and both of them are very good drivers and can definitely stand up for themselves.

Jaz-mr2:

Yep. Best of luck. The wife’s got her Cat. C… Just sent her packing down the road after
cooking Sunday lunch for her. I’m semi-retired after 33years in the job. I’m back to the kitchen
sink…

Again. Good Luck to you and all future Lady truck drivers out there.

Jaz-mr2:

Good Luck ! Ill be booking mine soon as my prov licence comes back. :slight_smile:

thank you all and good luck to everyone in the same position!!! :slight_smile:

Jaz_mr2,good luck with your vocation,we all hope to see you on the tarmac highways very soon.
I did wonder why lorry drivers only seem to be middle aged white men,I see the odd lady driver, but not that many.
I saw a young blonde lady in a white Daf, and a rental fridge trailer with a private plate ending in DAF.
Another lady in a Robert Wiseman tanker around the Amesbury area.
She has blonde ponytails and black glasses.
I worked with Carla on Gibraltar round trips,she was a better driver than the men,she did a blindside reverse in one attempt,the rest of us took 20 shunts to get in a small gateway.Could it be washing facilities that puts the lady drivers off ?

Les Shoes:

Jaz-mr2:

Good luck! Mine is 2 days after yours :open_mouth:

Good luck both soon be on the road.

Used to be a shunter at Bhs gorgeous and ran rings round the lads when it came to reversing

Thanks again guys!

Pleased to say I passed my theory and hazard perception today first time :grimacing: Well chuffed.

I used a smart phone app called Theory Pro to revise for the theory and hazard perception. Very useful and it obviously worked! Also I have the DSA guide to driving goods vehicles which is a big help too. I have my CPC MOD 2 on the 20th dec.

Can’t wait to get behind the wheel, Will be booking my practical training with Peter Smythe later in the week!

Hope everyone else’s journey is going well. And good luck.

Well done.And good luck with the rest of your journey.

Will be booking my practical training with Peter Smythe later in the week!

Thanks for that; all the best with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Will be booking my practical training with Peter Smythe later in the week!

Thanks for that; all the best with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Nozza,

And thank you PSTT, I won my theory test at your open day haha!!! :smiley:

Your welcome. Suppose it will be after xmas now then before you start your lessons.