Aren't women drivers great

Aren’t they? Well i think so.

care to elaborate? I admit they look and smell better but that’s about it lol

Mr B:
care to elaborate? I admit they look and smell better but that’s about it lol

I know 5 women drivers, i think its nice to have a pleasent female to bump into every now and again. But i know somedrivers would rather they dint drive. Just wondered what everyone elses opinions were?

Women drivers are rubbish… especially ones in big blue DAF 105 SSCs…

hold on… wait a minute…

that’s me! :laughing: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually we’re just as good as anyone else.

i only know one and she’s not really feminine in anyway. But there should be more, apart from the lifestyle there’s on reason ladies can’t drive trucks nowadays.

Weve got a female driver working for us,
She does exactly the same job for exactly the same pay.

No probs with it at all provided they are treated the same as everyone else.

And that works both ways women drivers should be treated no better or WORSE than male drivers.

Mr Vain,

you surpirse me and i’d like to think having read your other posts and seeing what you do that your opinions would be different(I do think its a bit loaded however :smiley: ). I have been at the wheel for 24 years on UK and Euro work and I must admit that some of the best friends/drivers I have met are women.

Now I think your post was more aimed at school mum etc. and yes I would agree that their attention is not on the road and they are a danger.

But female LGV drivers IMHO are as good if not better than the male opposite as they have to deal with the day to day single minded BS metered out to them that as a male driver we don’t see.

Go on Alli go on Ange go on Mother and all you girls!!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

A cup of tea and a safety insurance that I will back up any trucker at home or abroad escpecially the ladies has been my ethos and always will be.

(I would like to add that I do not think that Mr Vain is in any way having a go at Lady drivers :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

I totally admire lady LGV pilots. I’ve taught a few to drive HGV (as it was then) in the past.

Always wanted to meet one who liked driving, put our own shiny rig on the road running to somewhere nice like Sicily and drive off into the sunset together. Never happened :frowning:

Mr B:
i only know one and she’s not really feminine in anyway…

Oh no! You mean,when she gets out of the cab,she scratches her balls? :slight_smile:

MR VAIN:
i think its nice to have a pleasent female to bump into every now and again. quote]

OR,do they bump into you?

My mrs has her class 1 but currently drives bin wagons and she’s bloody good at it - i would’nt fancy putting it where she can get it in :wink:

Well am great,

No lumps, bumps nor even a graze,

A few head locks with other male drivers thou :confused: :confused:

i survived :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: with no bruising …

Hmmm A hard one there.

My girlfriend maybe if she gets rid of her road rage (her car test is 04.11.08) fingers x.

My mum yep she got to grips with th zf but couldnt manage a EPS.

For all you European drivers who knew “Dana” well her driving was ok but when it came to off loading and reloading no not that clever she ask the boss for me to come and do that side of the job. Sadly Dana died on Malaga hill in a bad truck smash

Diesel Kate I heard she is a good driver (and melting Ice cream) she would help anyone

Penny, tracey, Allison and the blonde one on nights from Reed Boardall they are good drivers but one called Melody nearly dropped a fridge on its knees (didnt couple up properly).

Trucker Spice who sadly died a few years back who did Gib well doing Gib in a ERF thats got to be a good driver.

So the answer is yes they are just as good as drivers well the ones i know of anyway.

They are just another Driver…Just like a person wearing a Turban no different.
This reminds me of when my little girl started school, the Teacher told her ALL the racist names not to call people, up to that point her chinese / Black friends were no different, they were now!!!
FFS it’s not an issue.
I referee womens Rugby and I can tell you there is NO difference, they go in just as hard and fast.

kwaka:

• i would’nt fancy putting it where she can get it in :wink:

“sigh” So many jokes so little time :laughing:

Reef:
“sigh” So many jokes so little time :laughing:

4 on 4 off - you’ve got too much time on your hands :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen a few up at our hub, and they do the job the same but are usually better looking.

I remember working at a place where we had an artic delivery every day at about 10 a.m. There were a few different drivers, but after a while I recognised most of them. One day I didn’t see the truck come in, but saw a driver I had seen before with a stunning 20 something year old blonde. I thought “lucky bugger, and he gets to bring his GF to work!”. Turned out she was driving, and as it was her first run to us he had come to show her the ropes.

MR VAIN:
Aren’t they? Well i think so.

Women are great in general, i love em to bits

The company my dad used to work for in Newcastle train HGV drivers and the instructors said that some of the best drivers they trained were women.

I know from teaching advanced lessons in cars that some women have better spatial awareness than the men and were less likley to see the ‘red mist’. They were generaly faster and safer then the men when it came to pursuit driving.

jybson:
I know from teaching advanced lessons in cars that some women have better spatial awareness.

Yeah i noticed that, that why i always cary a blanket :smiley:

Deepinvet:
I referee womens Rugby and I can tell you there is NO difference, they go in just as hard and fast.

this is going to be never ending source of amusement. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kwaka wrote:

• i would’nt fancy putting it where she can get it in

“sigh” So many jokes so little time

and theres another :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

deepinvet is right with what he says that they are just another driver and i treat em all the same man or women ( although i do try and smile and wink a bit more at the females :wink: ).

as long as they can do the job thats ok then. there is a girl at asda normanton nice size 10 and she shifts the pallets that weigh sometimes over a ton and falling over, dont know how she manages but she does.

lets not forget our lady leader who does handball… let me rephrase that, emptys 40ft boxes on her own. :wink: