felixstowe or tilbury

I currently work at RPS transport and they are looking for 2 drivers they are based on leslie rd in ipswich hope this helps

Did you get sorted?

3 years old thread…

So he must have got sorted then…

I love a happy ending.

Before i go off job hunting tomorrow does anyone know what port is the busiest at the moment
I only have 1 tank of petrol and no more money so this is it if i dont find anything tomorrow i will have to sign on the dole which i have never done before. I have sent many cv out to companies but keep getting little or no replies.
I have made a board up asking for work and i will stand by the entrance of the port hoping to get a lucky break
This is the latest reply to a job i applied for on friday last week :frowning:

Dear Adam,

I am sorry I did not call yesterday as promised, I had to meet with a colleague before the final decision was made and did not catch up with him until very late. Although the position was not advertised, we had 3 outstanding applicants including yourself. One of them worked for us previously and left to work for himself. Due to the economic climate, self employment proved a struggle and he wishes to return to a regular job. As he is “tried and tested”, we are going to offer him the job. Your CV was impressive and you presented yourself very well at the interview. If I may, we would like to keep your details on file and contact you should another position become available in the near future. Also, may I suggest you contact the Transport Manager at Interoute as they employ a large number of HGV drivers.

Good luck with your search and thank you for your interest in Bucks Recycling.

Best regards,

Tricia Murray
Operations Manager

One word sums it up gutted

i understand what you are going through, but, i feel that you would be wasting your time standing at the dock gates with a board up asking for work, especially at Felixstowe, as most of the offices are located outside the port, so the only people seeing you there would be other drivers.

personally, i think you would be better of actually knocking on doors and speaking to them in person, take your gear with you, you never know, they might have an urgent load to go

as for which port is busiest, i cannot answer that, but there are more companies based at Felixstowe than Tilbury

best of luck in your job search

Try Goldstar at felixstowe i know for a fact that they have just got rid of a couple of drivers last week.

Dont know weather they have replaced them yet thou. Worth a try.

beetee07:
Try Goldstar at felixstowe i know for a fact that they have just got rid of a couple of drivers last week.

No they left, they did the math and realized they they would get paid more signing on :exclamation:

containers_only:

beetee07:

No they left, they did the math and realized they they would get paid more signing on :exclamation:

try feildings of harwich got office in chelmsford essex tilt work

hey there seems to be loads of work in felixtowe at mo… well up untill 3 weeks ago…

i maaged to get a job with wincantons in felixtowe and 3 weeks ago they were looking for 30 drivers…

10 days
10 nights
and 10 tramping… try google there number and give them a call… ya still might be lucky… it is container work and is easy work…

good luck and let us know how ya get on …

i also heard that the docks were looking for a couple of shunters but that again was 2 weeks ago

If you are skint ,sign on or you will be getting income tax demands because you are not paying your stamp & therefor tax has no record of you & will assume you are working. The onus is on you to prove that you are not working.
FX.

containers_only:

beetee07:

Try Goldstar, as you obviously would rather earn a living than scrouge a living, then walk across road (hodgkinson rd) to Kemballs. Then its a short walk to wincanton on walton ave. Well actually get your walking boots on and get showing your face mate there are loads of haulage firms all within walking distance. if you dont have a job offer by the end of the day i’d be surprised. :wink:
There is work in Felixstowe, though you may have to be a compromising about some wage rates.

any class 2 work around down there sorry ?

eddie snax:
Try Goldstar, as you obviously would rather earn a living than scrouge a living,

eeerrrrrrrr NO!

eddie snax:
then walk across road (hodgkinson rd) to Kemballs.

Yeah, 8 hours a day at £6 an hour :exclamation:
My daughter gets more than that and she’s just left uni :unamused:

zorg2006:
hey there seems to be loads of work in felixtowe at mo… well up untill 3 weeks ago…

i maaged to get a job with wincantons in felixtowe and 3 weeks ago they were looking for 30 drivers…

Do the math :arrow_right: one driver leaves every day and it takes them a month to fill vacancies :exclamation:

I used to work at Debens, when i left no one worked there who was there when i started :unamused:

Felixstowe seems very quiet at the moment. Roadways have never been so quiet.
As mentioned, Wincanski are looking and Maritime have vacancies according to their Website.
Moneys naff at Wincanski, the assessment is in a Manual Merc, nasty box.

Where are you coming from?

Well i am up at f.stowe ■■■■■■■ down with rain
I have been to wincantons,james kemble,ralph morton ,seven lincs,goldstar,maritime, and a couple of small transport firms
And a part from one of the above who might have a nite job coming up the rest have nothing or they say i live to far away. I even told people that i would get digs up here but still not intrested
If any of you know any more companies in f stowe i have not mentioned let me know
i will be in f stowe till 1400 then it back to aylesbury

The tunnel is getting longer and darker :frowning:

Did you try macintyre transport in goldstars old yard. Pentalvers? Motorways just up the hill from wincantons. Pop in to the orwell, check the board. Then try ransomes euro park. Gma, Karl kings, debach enterprises, sea transport, they’re all there. Google rps transport in ipswich, try them. Kingsfleet logistics are somewhere round there, horley motors, green and skinner. Hope that helps

Big ■■■■:
Well i am up at f.stowe ■■■■■■■ down with rain
I have been to wincantons,james kemble,ralph morton ,seven lincs,goldstar,maritime, and a couple of small transport firms
And a part from one of the above who might have a nite job coming up the rest have nothing or they say i live to far away. I even told people that i would get digs up here but still not intrested
If any of you know any more companies in f stowe i have not mentioned let me know
i will be in f stowe till 1400 then it back to aylesbury

The tunnel is getting longer and darker :frowning:

If you want a ‘local’ address to use let me know, you can’t get much more local than Felixstowe.

A BIG Thank Q for all your replies and help
i am back at home now after giving out 9 cv`s to companies but no interveiws
so have to keep looking and wait on the phone

regards adam

I know the feeling I myself have hit rock bottom, debts chassing me, car messing up soon wont have one, misuss close to leaving me can’t find any work, phoned up agencys all seem to say we haven’t got much on :unamused: sent 35 Cv’s off about a month ago and got nothing

■■■■ I sound a depressing ■■■■ :unamused: