Ipswich / Felixstowe

Due to circumstances beyond my control we are moving to Ipswich :smiley: :slight_smile: :exclamation: :blush:

Obviously I need to find new employment, ok, I could try all the container lot, but can anyone advise on anything else ?

Try CEVA at Mendlesham, or a bit further away up the A140 Bartrums at Eye.

What work do you want to do, days, nights or tramping ?

Aside the dock work, Boxes, RoRo, groupage/paper, there’s obviously a lot of agricultural based haulage work, own account, parcels, tankers etc.

We even have electric light bulbs out east, ba !

what job do you want to do??driving or non driving…best thing is look on the job centre web site as it will give you a idea of whats available in ippy area…

what about debach or that lot kindle was on for… my minds gone blank…

m… something or other.

I know its containers but Maritime are looking for 10 class 1 drivers to run out of Felixstowe

or for a bit of both sea transport just off landseer road. high turnover of drivers mind and a permanent advert in the joke shop.

1 long term driver (1 years service) drinks in my local. he is taking home around £450.00 with 2-3 nights out 2yr old xf105ssc. worth a try ?

from what friends say bartrums are a good employer and the money is good, either bulk or general haulage

i personally wouldnt bother with sea transport, a friend of mine was on there and desperate to get out

kindle was on for magnus, another good company from all accounts

Aparrentlly Bartrums just took on around 10 or more drivers as they are busy, money is better on the bulk side by all accounts. Magnus at Gt Blakenham would be my choice thou, i found them very nice people to work for and they were very laid back ( i was on Norfolk Line contract) and they got a good fleet of trucks.

soverign turf need a hgv driver atm, will be fridges and turf i think, euromat has done some work for them. advert is in the local paper (east anglian daily times)

Thanks for all yr replies, very helpful
Know which way to start now

There’s also Anglia Freight (general) and MRCT (freezers) in Eye, but no knowledge of if they’re good or bad to work for.