Fatal Accident A2/M Blackpepper hill

Hi all,

its been a while since I have posted for various reasons but what I witnessed yesterday has left me feeling sick to the stomach about what animals we as decent people have to live with in this country.

As you all know as drivers we unfortunately get to witness more accidents than most myself included but what I saw yesterday shocked even me.

The A2/M accident invloved several cars and a motorbike on the opposite carriageway to myself, the biker unfortunately was under a blanket in the middle of the road with the fire service trying to cut another guy out of a car that was so badly deformed that I would be amazed if he survived. Yes people rubberneck unfortunately its human instinct although not a good trait, but a guy in a Lexus in the lane next to me lent out of his window and virtually slowed to a stop as he videod the scene on his mobile phone.

My gut feeling was to ram the sick Bstard but sense prevailed and instead I reported him to Kent Polices traffic unit ( with his reg number) and although the lady on the phone was equally appauled I doubt if anything will be done but god I hope so!! :imp: :imp:

To put a point to the thread rather than just a rant, as we do more mileage then most why don’t the government offer a scheme of camera mounting on HGV’s for say a reduction in RFL to get the scheme going. If as professional drivers we witness something that is simply dangerous or disgusting or in this case both we can simply download the footage when back at base. Technology is already in use on buses and has become increasingly popular in the US.

Whats your thoughts Ladies and Gents

I’ve often wondered about this, I usually come across one or two dodgy incidents per day which I wish I had recorded on a camera, be it poor/stupid/angry driving, accidents or near misses and the like. I’d especially like a camera to help avoid trouble when it comes to crash-for-cash incidents, if I ever were to be unfortunate enough to be involved in one.

If the incident was a fatal,i believe the driver can be charged with gathering evidence.At a serious crash i heard a policeman tell a driver to delete a pic or he would nick him.He told me that taking pictures of a crash scene without permission could jeopordise any proceedings.
This is why the cameras at any incident are not viewable by the public on HA and other c traffic cam sites.

Must admit a lot of folks have lost any idea of showing any respect for privacy. There’s always some fool who wants to shove a camera in all the wrong circumstances.

We are turning into a society of vouyers, with no emotional, nor ethical understanding of what we are viewing.

You ever noticed on the TV News if they are interviewing some undergoing some kind of emotional problem from some kind of trauma to themselves or their family, as soon as a tear appears the camera will crash zoom onto their face so we can see & be entertained by how upset they are. Sick! :imp:

I have been asked if i took photos on Tuesday. The answer is no. Not even a photo of the damage to Mr Vain.

A ‘businessman’ was convicted recently at Halifax Magistrates Court for taking picture’s on his mobile phone whilst driving past the scene of a road traffic accident on the road from the M62 (Ainley Top) into Halifax :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve tried to find a link to the report in the local news sheet but haven’t been able to find it :astonished: but the story was that a car had overturned going down the ‘Salterhebble Hill’ heading towards the M62 at Ainley Top and the 'businessman, was heading up the hill. All the EMS were in attendance and this person thought he would be able to get some good shots but the Police Traffic Officer dealing with the incident saw what he was doing and got his registration number and went after him. This guy was in court within 14days and was made out to be the idiot he obviously is. :angry:

Luckily all the people involved in the RTC survived but I just wonder what the ‘businessman’ would have done with his pic’s if it had been more serious and he hadn’t been caught out. :question: :question:

Regards
Dave Penn;

N2N Transport:
My gut feeling was to ram the sick Bstard but sense prevailed and instead I reported him to Kent Polices traffic unit ( with his reg number) and although the lady on the phone was equally appauled I doubt if anything will be done but god I hope so!!

Good for you. I hope the old bill stick his phone up his jacksie for good measure too.

extrucker:
If the incident was a fatal,i believe the driver can be charged with gathering evidence.At a serious crash i heard a policeman tell a driver to delete a pic or he would nick him.He told me that taking pictures of a crash scene without permission could jeopordise any proceedings.
This is why the cameras at any incident are not viewable by the public on HA and other c traffic cam sites.

he could and most probably will be summonsed for using an phone whislt driving and careless/inconsiderate driving, which when the details are read in court the mags would hammer him nd rightly so…

N2N Transport:
The A2/M accident invloved several cars and a motorbike on the opposite carriageway to myself, the biker unfortunately was under a blanket in the middle of the road with the fire service trying to cut another guy out of a car that was so badly deformed that I would be amazed if he survived. Yes people rubberneck unfortunately its human instinct although not a good trait, but a guy in a Lexus in the lane next to me lent out of his window and virtually slowed to a stop as he videod the scene on his mobile phone.

My gut feeling was to ram the sick Bstard but sense prevailed and instead I reported him to Kent Polices traffic unit ( with his reg number) and although the lady on the phone was equally appauled I doubt if anything will be done but god I hope so!! :imp: :imp:

Well done for reporting him, hopefully the least it will do is put a marker on his car so he’ll be stopped a few times, one can only wonder why anyone would want to take pictures of any serious accident, hardly the kind of thing to brag about to his friends, surely they wouldnt condone his actions either :confused:

To put a point to the thread rather than just a rant, as we do more mileage then most why don’t the government offer a scheme of camera mounting on HGV’s for say a reduction in RFL to get the scheme going. If as professional drivers we witness something that is simply dangerous or disgusting or in this case both we can simply download the footage when back at base. Technology is already in use on buses and has become increasingly popular in the US.

Not a fan of this though, sure it would help in accidents but then it may highlight any other driving antics you may or may not get up to :neutral_face:

I read something the other day that the Emergency services were going to be told to erect screens in a bid (A vain one I reckon) to curb the rubber neckers…