Motorists warned for taking crash photos

Interesting news article on the BBC.

I cant believe how stupid some drivers are!!!

mark1968:
Interesting news article on the BBC.

Northamptonshire motorists warned for taking crash photos - BBC News

I cant believe how stupid some drivers are!!!

The article mentions a 21 year old car driver, but I think it may be this one which was to blame.

There was an article in the the sun today about this, apparently police managed to get a list of reg number and the registered owners of the vehicles involved are all going to recieve a letter advising them of the law with regards to hand held devices and driving! Yeah the sun said it was a female truck driver…I think there was a post on here about the crash a few weeks ago?

ooooo naughty, but surprised they aint sending out the fpns. a friend of mine has just had his lgv entitlement suspeneded by the scottish tc for 3 weeks for being caught on the phone while driving 3 months ago.

It was on the radio today - on the vine / fatty feltz show, and that incident was mentioned.

Fatty was asking why they’d only sent letters out and not court summons - and I actually agreed with her for once.

Another lorry driver phoned up, said there was an accident in lane 1 and it was closed off, so he was in lane 2 behind a car when it came to a complete stop next to the accident and 3 girls started to take pictures of the carnage :open_mouth:

They also said on R2 that she was still critical, proves how much effort they put into the story beforehand eh…

Fwiw I like looking at photos of wrecks, reminds me what’s at stake and to drive accordingly, take no pleasure at all of people have died but that only enforces the impact of the wreck photos sometimes.

Proper order for the rubberneckers.

This type of thing really boils my ■■■■. Why do it? Is it to see how many Youtube hits and comments they can get?
What sad lonelly little lives they must lead.
I witnessed similar on the M5 last Friday. There was an accident north bound near Taunton, i was traveling in me trundle wagon south bound. I could’nt believe it when the south bound carriageway slowed to about 20 mph and backed up half a mile approaching the accident on the other side all because these sad ■■■■■ were having a gorp!
Get a life you pricks FFS.
They should have sent out FPN’s for all of em :imp:

I reckon the old bill should take photos of all the bad accidents and get the DVLA to send them out to every licensed driver, it might make a few people think twice before driving like a ■■■■ and save a few lives :bulb:

I saw a smashed up 4 wheeler at Truckfest a few years ago, you could get up really close and see exactly how much damage there was, like the fact that was no place for your legs, that the steering wheel would be lodged in your chest and the roof was where your head should be, a bit of dried blood on the seat emphasised it all too, made me a bit more aware of the consequences of having a big accident I have to say :open_mouth:

All this outrage at people taking photos is just another example of the faggotty nonsense that the establishment has forced onto us, if everyone was outraged by it, how come so many people stopped to look :question:

It’s human nature, people have always rubbernecked at crashes and they always will :open_mouth:

Every single person on here that has seen an accident will have slowed down to take a look, now we have cameras on our phones, so quite a few will have taken pictures and not one single person can honestly say that they have never slowed down to have a gawp…unless they’re a bare faced liar :open_mouth:

I was driving north towards J11 on the M1, and the overhead new signs had a pic of an up-turned car on it, with warning speed limit etc.

When I got to the scene of the accident, the car was exactly in the same position as in the sign, so I thought for a minute that they might now reflect the “type” of accident, with differing positions of the pic etc. :blush:

God knows how someone can just turn a car over, and remain in the fast lane, eventually coming to rest on it’s roof!

On another note, when there’s a serious accident with people still being extracated from the wreckage, or even body parts on the road, the whole motorway will be brought to a halt quite a few hundred yards short of the accident, so the public can’t see anything upsetting presumably…

This sort of thing doesn’t happen abroad does it? :confused:

Accident_Pictogram.jpg

newmercman:
I reckon the old bill should take photos of all the bad accidents and get the DVLA to send them out to every licensed driver, it might make a few people think twice before driving like a [zb] and save a few lives :bulb:

I saw a smashed up 4 wheeler at Truckfest a few years ago, you could get up really close and see exactly how much damage there was, like the fact that was no place for your legs, that the steering wheel would be lodged in your chest and the roof was where your head should be, a bit of dried blood on the seat emphasised it all too, made me a bit more aware of the consequences of having a big accident I have to say :open_mouth:

All this outrage at people taking photos is just another example of the faggotty nonsense that the establishment has forced onto us, if everyone was outraged by it, how come so many people stopped to look :question:

It’s human nature, people have always rubbernecked at crashes and they always will :open_mouth:

Every single person on here that has seen an accident will have slowed down to take a look, now we have cameras on our phones, so quite a few will have taken pictures and not one single person can honestly say that they have never slowed down to have a gawp…unless they’re a bare faced liar :open_mouth:

+1. They put graphic pictures on the front of ■■■ packets showing the dangers of smoking. So why shouldn’t they do the same to show what driving like a tool can do too.

Why isnt there the plastic paddles on top of the central reservation like ive seen in germany. They would stop a lot of the traffic jamming up goin in the opposite direction.

oddzpop:
Why isnt there the plastic paddles on top of the central reservation like ive seen in germany. They would stop a lot of the traffic jamming up goin in the opposite direction.

+1

lankyphil:

oddzpop:

+1

+2
Cost probably ? :question:

There used to be some on the M6 `Bright Lights’ between J6 & 4 many moons ago,
worked a reet treat chuck.

newmercman:
I reckon the old bill should take photos of all the bad accidents and get the DVLA to send them out to every licensed driver, it might make a few people think twice before driving like a [zb] and save a few lives :bulb:

I agree, good idea.

Wheel Nut:

Back doors.jpg

damoq:

newmercman:

+1. They put graphic pictures on the front of ■■■ packets showing the dangers of smoking. So why shouldn’t they do the same to show what driving like a tool can do too.

It won’t help showing drivers pics of crashes…we live in a world of ‘it can’t happen to me’ and ‘you never expect it to happen to people you know’. Besides, most drivers think they are beyond reproach, when in fact they aren’t all that good. People smoke and will continue to do so no matter what you write on the pack…and I think most drivers would be rather blase about accident pics.

Make 'em go clear some blood and guts up though and you might get a result.

Here here yet again ol’ bill go & prove to some of us what complete bell ends they really are. Instead of working promptly to ensure the carriageway is reopened forthwith they have time to set up shop & play happy snappy with motorists-absolute tossers in my eyes. Now some ‘professional drivers’ risk losing their jobs if their employers get wind of the occurrence, all because of some stupid cop whose got too much time on his/her hands…

There is a whole genre of television programmes- Motorway Cops etc- based almost entirely on road tragedy voyeurism, so the Filth can’t really complain when viewers lap it up and join in with the fun.

Harry Monk:
There is a whole genre of television programmes- Motorway Cops etc- based almost entirely on road tragedy voyeurism, so the Filth can’t really complain when viewers lap it up and join in with the fun.

Totally agree there Harry - But the Police make a lot of money out of those programs they don’t do it or supply footage you see on TV for free

I guess they see it as competition :open_mouth:

Having said that I really can’t understand why people would want to film someone else’s pain :frowning: