Accidents on the road, you've been in

Just thought people could post up pics if possible of accidents they have been involved in, maybe someone will recognise them,

heres one of mine,
May 2010, A58 Halifax

On the 58 heading towards Halifax, sat at a red light at The Wyke Lion crossroads, light went to green and I and the two cars in front set off, literally just level with the junction I caught a glimpse of a car (Ford Focus) heading towards me from the right and BANG, about 60mph in to a Toyota Prius then deflecting off him in to my drive axle, slicing through the tyre, luckily no one was hurt, and the Focus driver admitted he was looking at a map and missed the red light. The only plus to come out of it all was I was a bit slow setting off from the lights, If I was a little quicker the motorbike following me would have got the impact of the focus, not me.

Another one from 2007, Navigating a road from Liphook to Milland, creeping along due to low trees and all of a sudden a lil Punto comes hammering towards me, I stopped dead and he skids past me scraping the full length of the wagon and the bank on the other side, we swapped details, I phoned it in to the gaffer… we never heard anything from the driver or his insurance. odd

That Halifax junction picture is terrible at the best of times if your coming up the way and heading for the M62. Can see why there are accidents there

ajt:
That Halifax junction picture is terrible at the best of times if your coming up the way and heading for the M62. Can see why there are accidents there

My gaffer called me about 10mins after it happened to let me know there was an accident on the 58 and he’ll phone through to let my delivery know I’ll be late, Can imagine his face when I told him I was involved…

It shows that it is always good advice to carry a camera, even a disposable one if you haven’t got a camera phone!

Wheel Nut:
It shows that it is always good advice to carry a camera, even a disposable one if you haven’t got a camera phone!

indeed, but certainly a disposable camera

i have heard digital images wont stand up in court (if it goes that far) as they can be photoshopped, where as the negatives from a disposable cant be tampered with like a digital image

euromat:

Wheel Nut:

indeed, but certainly a disposable camera

i have heard digital images wont stand up in court (if it goes that far) as they can be photoshopped, where as the negatives from a disposable cant be tampered with like a digital image

Good Point :exclamation:

Not wishing to cause a controversy here, but might I just say that in my opinion, given what has happened in the last 24 hours the subject of this thread is in rather poor taste?

C10HOO:

ajt:

My gaffer called me about 10mins after it happened to let me know there was an accident on the 58 and he’ll phone through to let my delivery know I’ll be late, Can imagine his face when I told him I was involved…

Who rang you with that info?! Everytime i ever rang them they never passed anything on to anyone!!! :laughing:

Beetie:

C10HOO:

ajt:

Who rang you with that info?! Everytime i ever rang them they never passed anything on to anyone!!! :laughing:

Reading depot fella, Colin

C10HOO:
Just thought people could post up pics if possible of accidents they have been involved in, maybe someone will recognise them,

heres one of mine,
May 2010, A58 Halifax

On the 58 heading towards Halifax, sat at a red light at The Wyke Lion crossroads, light went to green and I and the two cars in front set off, literally just level with the junction I caught a glimpse of a car (Ford Focus) heading towards me from the right and BANG, about 60mph in to a Toyota Prius then deflecting off him in to my drive axle, slicing through the tyre, luckily no one was hurt, and the Focus driver admitted he was looking at a map and missed the red light. The only plus to come out of it all was I was a bit slow setting off from the lights, If I was a little quicker the motorbike following me would have got the impact of the focus, not me.

As you say, you could have saved a bikers life, but also he could have T-boned a car and killed somebody, hope he got what he deserved. Any accident when nobody is hurt is a ‘good’ one. Stay safe, Mizzo. (P.S, yes I’m a biker)

Heres a couple of mine!

July 2005 on the A345 at Netheravon I was having a break when a 406 overtook a landrover that was turning right into the layby.

This was in December 2007. tipping gear failed.

Both were repaired and immediatly sold !

This happened to me last october, bloody transit van on the wrong side of the road, i had to ditch to avoid a head on collision :frowning: :frowning:

My truck was written off, and i am still waiting for the insurance company to pay out for loss of earnings!!

What was he doing on the wrong side of the road? doesn’t look Romanian