Failed C

Hi I’m Mike, 30, worcs. I’ve wanted to drive lgv for the last 10 years but could never really afford it, but i have saved hard, and paid £1930 for my training, tests
passed the cpc, but failed class C, retaking it on the 27th.

Been reading the forums a for a while, but decided to sign up.

Got 3 minors turned into a serious? or maybe 1 serious, knew i did it right away… 5 mins into the test, pulled out at a busy island, slowing a car! Doh!
All under Junctions, Observation… on the test sheet.

Not sure if it was nerves or what!

Hope ill be posting a pass post on 27th, But i really dont feel to confident?

My retest has 2 hours training before the test… £500 everytime i fail O_O Getting really expensive now, going without money from one week to the next is pretty hard,
just to follow my dream!

I’m just hoping it’s an investment… really want to get out the same dead end factory jobs i’ve had on min wage for years! working my ■■■ off, breathing in dust and crap!

Your hard work will pay off mate, just take your time, by the sounds of it you pulled out and slowed a car down because of this? If there is not a gap its tough just sit there, you can not do anything about it just enjoy looking for a gap but taking advantage of it when necessary.
Feel free to pm me if you want a chat.

Good luck fella,I’m sure if you get 3 minors for the same thing it’s turned into a serious…but I may be wrong,I’ve been wrong once before,1987 it was.

It’s always a tricky one at a roundabout,you go too early and it’s a mark down…yet in the same token you’ll get punished for undue hesitation.

Hi mike. Stay positive and you’ll be fine. I had to. A fail and two re-tests :blush: . Third time lucky as they say. What it brought back to me from my car and bike tests 20-odd years ago is that everything has to be right ‘on the day’. All you can do is the best drive you can and hope that the other road users behave themselves. Good luck :smiley:

Thanks for the reply’s, Yeah my instructor told me, Don’t take any risk’s next time. if i have to sit there and wait ages with people beeping the horn at me, just wait for a big enough gap…
which i will next time! , my failed test was at 8 in the morning and the traffic at this round a bout was terrible… - my next test is 11:30, so im hoping it’ll help!

And like you said “a bit of luck on the day” and other road users counts!

Will let you all know how it goes next thursday! arggghhh! cant stop thinking about it :slight_smile:

You will be fine mate, like I said just take your time don’t panic, if there’s not a god there’s not a gap :wink:

I too failed my test and it was daft thing of just in wrong gear!

to be honest im bricking it waiting for this retest, 3 more days!! lol -

The instructor did say make sure the little yellow turtle is lit, ie 3rd gear if pulling out of a juncion from stop, or its a fail… i can guess its easily done when trying to concentrate on everything!

Tell you what keeps going over in my mind is that i come so close!! and if not for this one mistake i would of been close to a clean sheet!! hope i dont end up with a worse result next time like
making a mistake i never made in the first test… thats whats playing on my mind :confused:

MinkyMike:
to be honest im bricking it waiting for this retest, 3 more days!! lol -

The instructor did say make sure the little yellow turtle is lit, ie 3rd gear if pulling out of a juncion from stop, or its a fail… i can guess its easily done when trying to concentrate on everything!

Tell you what keeps going over in my mind is that i come so close!! and if not for this one mistake i would of been close to a clean sheet!! hope i dont end up with a worse result next time like
making a mistake i never made in the first test… thats whats playing on my mind :confused:

Yep I was in the same boat!!! Felt worse that I had two simple things which I blame just test nerves but this time I sort of feeling ready, I too would of had clean ish sheet with expectation of a signal of a mini roundabout but it was one they daft roundabouts!

1 more day 1 more day, then test!!! BRICKIN BRICKIN !! O_O O_o

Don’t pressurise yourself, you will smash it! just chill take it easy and bam you have passed.

Got to the test center today, and TEST CANCELED! (examiner poorly) apparently they knew last week,
They had been trying to ring me for the last week using an old phone number which i gave them last year when i did my assessment!!

It’s bad enough i’d already booked a day off given by email, but when i phoned to pay the deposit, it was pushed forward a week, leaving me messing my work about.

Why didn’t they write a letter or email me has i’d been in contact with them via email!? i could of at least canceled my holiday and rebooked!

To make matters worse looks like I’ve got to wait till oct now for a retest because there fully booked, maybe it should of had a knock on effect further down the line? ie they could give someone else notice!

Not happy at all, i’d booked the day off work and have only got a couple days left to use now!

lack of communication.

MinkyMike:
Got to the test center today, and TEST CANCELED! (examiner poorly) apparently they knew last week,
They had been trying to ring me for the last week using an old phone number which i gave them last year when i did my assessment!!

It’s bad enough i’d already booked a day off given by email, but when i phoned to pay the deposit, it was pushed forward a week, leaving me messing my work about.

Why didn’t they write a letter or email me has i’d been in contact with them via email!? i could of at least canceled my holiday and rebooked!

To make matters worse looks like I’ve got to wait till oct now for a retest because there fully booked, maybe it should of had a knock on effect further down the line? ie they could give someone else notice!

Not happy at all, i’d booked the day off work and have only got a couple days left to use now!

lack of communication.

Could they not look for a cancellation, You thought DVSA would try get something and I actually think you can put a claim into DVSA for loss of hours as comp. I know somebody who got money coz her car test was cancelled due to DVSA examiner shortage.

Well, After having 3 Tests cancelled, and waiting a month in between each one, I finally passed, 2nd time lucky!!! And all I can say is I’m just glad its all over with…
When I got to Phill Browns this morning he got the B+E trailer out for me, it was then when I initially felt concerned… and replied “what? . I’m here to take my Class C retest” luckily, after 30mins in sheer disbelief and anticipation of what was to happen (am I going to have to come back ? rebook again ? wait another couple of months?) a retest finally went ahead… I was already nervous and lost 3 days of holiday from work anyway !! this wasn’t a good start…

I can’t say its been a great/rewarding experience using Phill Browns or even feel that I have received my moneys worth, whilst I think a lot consequently was down to the DVLA cancelling tests, I feel a lot more could of been done by the company (communication above all else was poor)… There training was below average (I was given booklets/ worksheets to take away even these had spelling mistakes in, right on the front page, I MEAN !!! ) prices were very expensive a total of £1936 for training + test, I had full faith in this company at the booking stage above 2 other companies at a lower rate, I felt confident that these were the people that were going to help me through my training and help to achieve my license at the time they had assured me that if I failed the first practical test it would roughly cost me a further £400 of which I later learned after failing cost me £500.

Just so glad its finally over, I can honestly say that this has not been a great overall experience for me and for my C+E I’m looking to you Peter Smythe’s!

After looking at the google reviews of Phill Brown training. I was shocked, but had already paid them. Terrible reviews of which I later learned, DO YOU RESEARCH GUYS, don’t make the same mistake I did… if you do so happen to have a better experience please do share ?

Some may feel that this review/comment has JUST been down to maybe an unlucky experience, maybe it is.
but this has been my experience of which not all issues with this company have been fully expressed.

I wish all other learners luck for there future which ever direction or company they go with… KEEP AT IT… ITS WORTH IT

Just to add to this post… ROG… Please, I have waited 2 years, Spent s**t loads of ££££, give me my fireworks!!! :wink: !

Congratulations on passing, sorry you had a ■■■■ experience getting there though!

I count myself lucky that I live 20 minutes away from Mr Smythe’s!

Unfortunately I failed my first test, all my own fault, but can’t rate them highly enough for bending over backwards to get me a retest so quickly. Speak to either Tracey on the phone to book or go see them. They are very busy but well worth the wait. I have no qualms with having to wait a few months for my C+E

:smiley: :smiley:

:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: now edit first post and change the thread title :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Well done mate. It seems a bit disheartening, the old LGV journey, but its worth it in the end.

CE is easier to pass than C.

Thanks Rog, and everyone else, I will update my post tomorrow!

Congrats Mike, you got there in the end! :smiley:

Also,it could have been worse mate, you could have payed for the C+E upfront as well! :laughing:

Now you can choose a properly recommended trainer! :wink:

Well done minkymike!!! :smiley: :smiley:
Took me 3 tries with a great school (my fault both times I failed), its a great feeling isnt it? :smiley: :smiley: