Retest - Cat C

So I got my retest booked for end of August. Kinda nervous as last time I failed was just due to not using the right gear & Undue hesitation as rest was all okay.

Just need make sure this time on test is to make sure I am in the right gear and pulling out and stopping at correct times. + Do everything else expected!

Just I really wanna get onto driving as I fed up of being a warehouse monkey!

All the best mate. Hope to hear you’ve passed soon

If it helps reassure you at all, I found my 2nd Cat C attempt SO much easier than the first time as I felt I knew exactly what I had to do to pass. I also found that in the gap between 1st test and 2nd I’d managed to talk myself into how to do it right. I’m sure the biggest thing is to try and relax, stay calm and don’t rush the gear changes.
All the best!

All the best chris,I’ve got my retest on thursday the, 27th… Fingers crossed for you pal, im in the same boat after failing my first attempt keep your fingers crossed for me too ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be posting on here at 12, good or bad!

this is something i’ve wanted for the last 10 years so i will continue to blow £500 Each time till i get it!!! ARGGHHH!!!

£500 for a retest on class 2? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question:

Priest:

Very expensive, but some trainers choose to do retests at cost price, and some clearly don’t! :open_mouth:

At the risk of upsetting someone on another thread, the forum sponsor Pete Smythe does retests at cost price! :laughing:

Priest:

Well it does seem pretty expensive, the course cost me £1936,
i had already passed my theory tests and case studies,
it was for c training, cpc module 4 test, i had 3 days training, +3 hours only driving a day…
with the test on the 4th day, i did feel i needed a bit of extra training but at the cost it wasnt an option!

i was pretty shocked at the retest price, considering the test is only like £115?

I get 2 hours training before the test, So im guessing there charging £100 an hour!?

Obviously, i feel i’ve spent to much to change company, and the trainer im using is also the dvsa test center.
so i get to drive on roads i’ve learnt on.

The training company i’m using is “Phill Brown Transport Training”

See how this test goes, but i may consider contacting Pete Smythe for a retest quote!

MinkyMike:

Priest:

Well it does seem pretty expensive, the course cost me £1936,
i had already passed my theory tests and case studies,
it was for c training, cpc module 4 test, i had 3 days training, +3 hours only driving a day…
with the test on the 4th day, i did feel i needed a bit of extra training but at the cost it wasnt an option!

i was pretty shocked at the retest price, considering the test is only like £115?

I get 2 hours training before the test, So im guessing there charging £100 an hour!?

Obviously, i feel i’ve spent to much to change company, and the trainer im using is also the dvsa test center.
so i get to drive on roads i’ve learnt on.

The training company i’m using is “Phill Brown Transport Training”

That’s shocking the cost of your class 2, any wonder the industry is in the crisis it’s in

Priest:

WOW mines is only £280.

Mines is nice and early at 8.45am!!

TBH driving sort of something I always wanted to do! I used drive white vans and loved just being out on road rain or shine! Just hate being stuck in four walls all day!

Best of luck for your test mate, so I didn’t say it earlier, but I’m tired and got sidetracked…
You’ll find that out soon with a bit of luck! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
Best of luck for your test mate, so I didn’t say it earlier, but I’m tired and got sidetracked…
You’ll find that out soon with a bit of luck! :laughing:

Oh I know early starts, I been working 6am Starts for years now!!! Gotta get everything picked for the shops!!!

Priest:

Sound as though your getting ripped off son… Test fees only £115

Swampey2418:

Priest:

Sound as though your getting ripped off son… Test fees only £115

I think £500 for a retest is very expensive That is like half my week training! , Like my guys did tell me test fee is £115 but they charge for use of truck and insurance needed and instructor before test to go through some stuff. Which is fair and understandable as Car Driving Instructors do the same.

i am sorry to say that but the course cost of almost £2K way above average imho

Just for clarification. For Trucknet users a CAT C course is £1215 with free accommodation if more than 70 miles away. In the unfortunate case of a retest, this is £243 with any further training being just over £30 per hour.

BUT, if someone has trained elsewhere, they will pay the normal rate (less 10%) for additional training - around £65 per hour. Works simply on the principle that it is right and proper to make a profit from a customer. But, IMO, only once. So fail your test with me and any additional training is discounted by 50%. We actually loose money on this which is why it’s clearly not available to other trainers’ customers.

We frequently retrain and test folks who have failed elsewhere. We always carry out an assessment. All the training will be discounted by 10% if from Trucknet but that’s as far as it goes.

Sadly, I know of trainers who treat retests as a revenue stream - and rely on it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just gotta keep with them i guess, ahh well, that’ll teach me for not looking on these forums first and just choosing my local center! - oh well, possibly try contacting you for my C+E once im ready!, if i ever get my C!! :slight_smile:

Had my class 2/cat c test today and I passed! Really happy but actually thought I had failed at the start but never.

well done

:smiley: :smiley:

Well done buddy!! congrats.