F88 UAG 999R Restored

have to agree that f88 looks suberb well done must have been a lot of hard work, it would look lovely on my drive but can`t see the old lady taking it to tescos on a saturday morning, keep up the good work

You could put a 40ft trailer behind that great motor and send it to work,it would’nt look out of place,despite its great age,fabulous,a credit to those who must have spent £££’s on the restoration :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i WAS THINKING MORE A FEW TON OF BALLAST ON THE BACK AND USING IT EVERY DAY FOR WORK MAYBE i AM JUST A SAD OLD F----R

Absolutely top notch!
What a stunner.
Ok Ok, so I have a soft spot for 88’s !

Twoninety88:
Absolutely top notch!
What a stunner.
Ok Ok, so I have a soft spot for 88’s !

Re F88 Restored
Thanks every one for your comments,they are very much appreciated,it took a long time to get it back on the road but now its time to enjoy life in the FAST lane, with a 16 speed box it passes the pigeons.
I am now looking foward to the new rally season and meeting up with some of you enthusiasts,if you see me come and say hello.

Best wishes to everyone
Son of yorkyjoy

Hi Yorkyjoy your F88 looks fantastic mate well done i used to own one back in 1988 NBH518M 240 16 speed was a thrill to drive going to work was all of a sudden great !( pic of it on page 69 Long Departed Southampton Hauliers thread) hope you have loads of fun on the show circuits this year.
Good luck Jimski Southampton.

is AG not an ayrshire reg?

(AG) does belong to Ayrshire but this truck was definately first registerd at Beverly East Yorkshire, got the log book to prove it and also the word of Chantry Farms the first people to register it so we don’t understand how it comes to have that plate, the truck was bought from Volvo Trucks at Veleta street Hull and it’s first MOT shows it registerd at Beverly.

could it have been an ex-volvo in house truck as volvo had a factory in ayrshire. ailsa built volvo powered buses there I think. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

AG RH and KH were definitely Hull Registration although Ailsa were the importers of all Volvo Trucks. Beverley was the main registration office.

I think all Scottish registrations had an S in them somewhere

Wheel Nut:
AG RH and KH were definitely Hull Registration although Ailsa were the importers of all Volvo Trucks. Beverley was the main registration office.

AT also belongs to the old Hull registrations.

yorkyjoy:

Wheel Nut:

AT also belongs to the old Hull registrations.

Correct, it does. I missed that one out and my registration is AAT :wink:

aye CS and SD were ayrshire. could it have been a pre-production model, sent or built in ayrshire then registered there? :blush: :blush:

The dealer in Hull was mentioned. Crossroads Commercials down Valletta Street off Hedon Road are still there, and would probably still have some history of the truck, certainly until Bryan Swales parked it up.

An old friend of mine passed his class one in the old F88 at Chantrys. He has recently joined these forums but is too shy to post :stuck_out_tongue:

Fawby, come on down!

And Dave Walker, show yourself man :laughing:

transportphotos.com/road/photo/VS00523

The F88 290 is truly a magnificent machine, it looks more like a lorry than any other before or since and so nice to drive

previous posted twice sorry!

First outing for UAG 999R in 2010 will be at Peterborough Truckfest in early May / hope to see some of you there, come and say hello.:laughing:

Some new pictures of the rebuild posted.

Nice job yorky, might see you about doing an old mk1 ■■■■■■ meself to do a few shows