F88

Airpikey:

Mr 141:
she looks good air ■■■■■, she gonna be ready to join my 141 for a few shows next year?

Could be… Need to sort some lockers out, a period tail lift that will go with the tilt and maybe a trailer. Be a rare sight to see a ‘continental style’ F89 rigid on the show scene.
Can’t find any history about it apart from it’s a ‘Swedish’ truck if you know what I mean.
Here’s a clue of, I think, the original dealer of the truck in Sweden.

Airpikey, thanks for the photo. The mudflaps? chows not the dealer as sold the chassis rather it is the builder of the large caross as was the last as had to do with the Lorry.

grothkaross.se/CM.php?PageID=110470

Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

I found this site only about various Volvo models.

volvoworld.yourbb.nl/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=263

Go down and look at the Norway entrepreneur Ekeberg as have many Volvo’s but this F89 is reserved and renovated. Outside and inside pictures.

Kind Regards

Tony Bradfields Volvo F88, I had when I drove for him, I think I’m in Germany tipping for Martintrux. It was a six wheel unit originally but too heavy for general haulage so he cut the back axle off to make it lighter; it also had a headboard once till a driver (not me I might add) took it unit only northbound through the Blackwall tunnel on the outside lane and hit the pipes that used to hang down. Note the long hair and flairs, well I thought I looked good, I don’t know who looks more tatty me or the tilt.

Ossie

does anybody have a genuine volvo f88 green sunvisor ?willing to swap for a good blue one !!!

Thank you LB76!

I become surprised when my eyes fell on this historical document. All cabins are from BeGe of Oskarshamn, Sweden as lather was bought by Scania and now made their cabins. But back to 1961 it stands:

All BeGe:s cabins approved by the Royal Road and Waterways Board under the act of 1 Jan 1961 (Type numbers were written on the paper) Cab shall be equipped with identification plate of metal with an indication of Cabin Type and serial number. The cabins we can se is from upper right hand side: 1080, 1200 and 1350. At the bottom we can have:
1800, 1600 and 1450. The model number is simply the measurement from the torpedo to the cab wall exterior.

Before these cabins had been built of massive wood but now they were built of steel had to undergo same testing’s. It was found in tests that the cabins were not so deformed that it may constitute a hazard to the driver and passengers.

Type 1080 was the most choose with type 1200 as second as cab for short haul and daylight work. Model 1350 and 1450 were to Lorries of long haul character (LÃ¥ngtradare) as we call them. Model 1600 were used by Swedish defense on their Scania-Vabis 75 as had 285 hp. Also model 76 had it. 1600 and 1800 were for fire Lorries. Who use BeGe cabins?

Yes it was circa 4-5 makes. Volvo Titan, Volvo Viking, Volvo Starke, Scania-Vabis earlier models before L75, L76 and L110. Then IH Loadstar 1700 as was common as fire lorry.

BeGe is synonymous with Bror Göte Persson. There has been written a book called “BeGes way” and I have booked one. It has 123 pages.

Thanks

might be worth a look , australian old volvo trucks club / web page

hunteroldtrucks.com/HunterAVTHG.shtml

these were taken in about 2009 , you never know they might still be there !

F88

F89

MolePower:

F88

F89

hi,
the 4x2 kelston sparks f88,is in a bodyshop being restored.
regards andrew.

Wheres all the posts from 25th Dec last yr up till !2th nov this yr they have disapeared on my computer :unamused: :unamused:

scan0303.jpg

scan0104.jpg

pete 359:

MolePower:

F88

F89

hi,
the 4x2 kelston sparks f88,is in a bodyshop being restored.
regards andrew.

thats great , i suppose the 89 is too far gone though . have you got access to the 88 ? does kelston still own it ? i think the last time i actually saw it in the tin as it were was 1987 /88 ?

Interesting fleet no on the Elldis Mark think it must be up in the 800``````s now. That one would be about 3yrs after they started up.

greek:
Interesting fleet no on the Elldis Mark think it must be up in the 800``````s now. That one would be about 3yrs after they started up.

aye kenny the photos are harry lowdens, he says they bought 2 at the same time, as you say 800 plus thats some lorrys over the years, tony lenagh has some for me to put on aswell.

mark

It is always the cabin as takes too much puniching i.e been destroyed. It isn´t sure one can get a better used cabin. Second is the flor as used to be rusty.

Thanks

pdw:

Very good find pdw but i discovered all links not will load when klicking on them for any reason.

Thanks

hi lars gunner i could not get on niether regards rowland

Found me posts Didnt know there wre 2 lots on F88s

FH13:

pdw:

Very good find pdw but i discovered all links not will load when klicking on them for any reason.

Thanks

rward:
hi lars gunner i could not get on niether regards rowland

hi , all the pics and pdf’s load up fine on mine , is it your security or software settings ? .

boris:
Bet this brings back some memories , who remembers the early 290’s with the air operated wipers? & the Radiomobile MW LW radio, a lot of them had them awfull Hatcher fibreglass ‘catwalk’ fuel tanks fitted .

I don’t remember the 290 having air wipers, only the 240 and 330