Eurotunnel Strike?

No Not A Strike

However;

FOR SALE
One careful owner, used twice!!!

Cost almost £628,000 and is not going to be used again.

The QMB Quick Moveable Barrier has been decided to be a waste of money. No ■■■■ Sherlock

Eurotunnel Website

Due to a threat of industrial action called by Unions in France from Saturday 27th August, we would like to advise our customers that our Freight service is likely to face disruption this weekend.

As a result, we would strongly advise you wherever possible to re-plan your delivery dates or routes to avoid this likely disruption.

Please be assured we are doing our utmost to minimise disruptions for our customers.

Anyone going out or back this weekend? :open_mouth:

We don’t use the tunnel…So suppose a longer ferry queue will exist instead. :confused:

Operation stack… here we come :smiling_imp:

Bugger, Belgium and Germany next week.

That Eurotunnel slip road will be a nightmare :open_mouth: Might be best using M2/A2

Had this newflash as well:

You may be aware that this weekend coincides with the busiest Calais-Folkestone returning holiday traffic, it is therefore possible that this action may cause congestion in the Calais area.

Eurotunnel have now closed all Freight internet bookings for non-account holders during this period as they are currently unable to estimate the full effect of this potential industrial action on their service.

bigvern1:
We don’t use the tunnel…So suppose a longer ferry queue will exist instead. :confused:

The RHA have just put this out so hopefully it will help:

In view of the planned strike action from Eurotunnel employees this Bank Holiday weekend, SeaFrance will be running supplementary sailings in addition to its normal freight schedule.

To avoid delays caused by any possible disruption on the M20 due to this industrial action, it may also benefit customers to use the alternative M2/A2 route into the port.

Don’t have accounts with SeaFrog…Play it all by ear and see. On my rest days at the mo, so may not even get Euro work next week.

russell2587:
Bugger, Belgium and Germany next week.

Just found out I’m shipping Sunday with DFDS so will use M2

truckman123:
That Eurotunnel slip road will be a nightmare :open_mouth: Might be best using M2/A2

Had this newflash as well:

You may be aware that this weekend coincides with the busiest Calais-Folkestone returning holiday traffic, it is therefore possible that this action may cause congestion in the Calais area.

Eurotunnel have now closed all Freight internet bookings for non-account holders during this period as they are currently unable to estimate the full effect of this potential industrial action on their service.

bigvern1:

The RHA have just put this out so hopefully it will help:

In view of the planned strike action from Eurotunnel employees this Bank Holiday weekend, SeaFrance will be running supplementary sailings in addition to its normal freight schedule.

To avoid delays caused by any possible disruption on the M20 due to this industrial action, it may also benefit customers to use the alternative M2/A2 route into the port.

M2 / A2 not always the best course of action, it is a pain in the arse when the copper on Jubilee way sends you back up the M20 :stuck_out_tongue:

hmmm, fancy that happening on a bank holiday weekend :unamused:
could be fun, i’m shipping out sunday.

I’m going Harwich - Hoek Fri afternoon, so not concerened now! :sunglasses:

going out dfds sat morning on the 4.00am boat so should be ok

I’m in France now hopefully reloading today or in the morning. We use le train so will see what happens.

From Tunnel’s freight website:

As a result, we would strongly advise you wherever possible to re-plan your delivery dates or routes to avoid this likely disruption.

:laughing:

I wonder if they’ll sacrifice freight trains for cars to avoid the bad publicity :unamused:

truckman123:
From Tunnel’s freight website:

:laughing:

I wonder if they’ll sacrifice freight trains for cars to avoid the bad publicity :unamused:

Mmmm, i wonder :wink: , off out Monday :frowning: .

i’m off to italy tomorrow. i’ll be on P+O.
it shouldn’t be too bad, it was alright before they dug the tunnel.

Just got back to this green and pleasant land via le tunnel.
Everything as normal and if anything seems to running better and smoother.

Looks like there’s still some disruption going on, but it depends what shift is working in Calais.