Eddie Stobart

Hey anyone know what they’re like to work for?

:laughing: :laughing:

awaits the abuse lol

6 pages of murder, no they`re no, I they are.

ive found em ok tbh planners can be dicks but hey theyre the same at most places my dough is ok hours aint stupid and the tackle is spot on…thats my opinion anyway, the grand a week boys will tell you different no doubt :unamused: :smiley:

You wouldn,t be trying to stir it up Steve. Would Yer?? :laughing: :laughing:

If I had the time, I,d get all the “We Hate Stobarts” links,( which you know all aboot ), and post them on here. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be the first 10 pages of this thread sorted. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’m sure they are fine to work for; there will always be ■■■■■■■■ planners in any firm, I remember City Group when I worked there. It is the planner that can see more of the picture than the driver remember.
Stobart’s pay a decent wage compared with others the tackle is good, hours legal so what is the problem? I wouldn’t like all this weekend work but they are all at it now, a truck is a big investment that needs to work 24/7 to keep earning in these troubled times.
If I were to come out of the office I would consider workin for them as much as any other big co.
As drivers we always seem to want to hate other firms for no rational reason, I remember over the water a few years ago everyone used to hate the Muppets (Murrfitts) yet I had some good mates from them used to have good times weekended in Italy or Lux/Belg.
I worked for Riby at the time and we had some ■■■■■■■■ drivers on there but the majority were good lads just spoiled by the odd git.

Pete Griff:
It is the planner that can see more of the picture than the driver remember.

Good advice, but don’t forget the driver who starts revolving as he tells the planner he could do a better job,

he probably could as he only has one driver and one load to worry about :laughing:

Steve-o:

awaits the abuse lol

it was a good job[hrs+hrs in the bunk], but the zb have tightened up and they want you to work all day now :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,want the truck on the go all the time,3 hrs out of 14 hrs in the bunk :unamused: :unamused: ,jobs gone to pot,STAY WELL AWAY :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,

ady1:

Steve-o:

awaits the abuse lol

it was a good job[hrs+hrs in the bunk], but the zb have tightened up and they want you to work all day now :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,want the truck on the go all the time,3 hrs out of 14 hrs in the bunk :unamused: :unamused: ,jobs gone to pot,STAY WELL AWAY :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,

its always been like that on general haulage side. you get to depot or delivery point and its a simple trailer change usually, so your always on the go and tryin to get poa in to limit your hours, used to do my head in very rare i sat on a bay catching zzzzzz’s in my bunk, the best way to fool them is try and stay at rdc as long as possible get your kip there if you can, the isotrak wont alert the planners till you leave the boundry :wink:

I’ve done a fair bit for Stobarts through the agency and always found them friendly and reasonable. Unfortunately their depot at middlewich has closed and work moved to other depots so don’t know how it is now.

I think the mods should have a new seperate stobart forum help all those who’ve got questions because there’s plenty of pages on this forum :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Steve-o:

awaits the abuse lol

best haulier in the world mate, all their drivers get 50 days holiday + bank holidays a year, all drivers get chauffeur driven to work in a bentley and back and because drivers are so happy they skip from the back door to the car and skip la la la from the car to their truck, £20 an hour during the week £45 an hour evenings and weekends, and if you keep your rev counter in the green all day with your automatic truck you get £500 bonus per day.

management are so laid back any more laid back they’d fall over.

and at xmas time management take every driver and their famlies and fly them over to new york for some xmas shopping in the stobart 747 jumbo jet.

and best of all, all the chalk you could possibly need. :laughing:

Cruise Control:
and best of all, all the chalk you could possibly need. :laughing:

What utter crap :imp: We have to buy our own chalk :stuck_out_tongue: