Stobarts

I now you probly see alot of this but who on this foru acctualy likes stobarts :confused: :confused:
And if you dont like the why? :laughing: :laughing:

I find Stobarts to be just another firm. The reason that they get discussed more than most, in my opinion, is that they thrust themselves into the public eye. I couldn’t tell you what they are like to work for or about pay and conditions as I have no experience of them. In terms of the TV show it probably broadened the appeal and interest of the masses but didn’t do themselves much in the way of favours with drivers due to the over dramatic nature of it.
It’d be interestingin my eyes for an independant film maker to shadow an owner driver for a week, living in a cab and sleeping in laybys and MSA’s with a no holds barred approach to show people what it is actually like.

Went racing yesterday,get away from trucking for a bit…across the arse of almost every jockey in bold black…STOBART.
Say’s it all really.

I have done some driving for them on agency in the past. Good kit, no problems over planning, most importantly the pay was good. I had by far the single best days rates I have ever had for them on Agency, one day.

There are plenty of others for whom I would not drive again.

Is this in the wrong bit of the forum?

I wouldn’t say I like or hate them
But what I would say is 99% of the people who knock them never have or never will work for them
I worked for them about 10 years ago and honestly it was a good job good kit resnobble money
Then you get ova people banging in about how they cut rates put small firms out of business etc they stole a contract by undercutting etc
This is the common market you want a contract u bid for it if you lose it’s cos your bid was not as comparative
The main reason People slag em off is cos there in the public eye and are a brand
NOrberts maritime Wincanton kuene n nagel dsv etc are all similar company’s but they don’t get as much negativity
Then u get the numptys that beleave all the stories about drivers gettin sacked for not wearing a tie irlams drivers gettin paid on stobarts wage slips norbert visiting Eddie in his helicopter all utter crap
For some reason I find people wud rather c a firm go under than c won prosper
For all u stobarts knockers just think about how many people they ate givin jobs to and are off the dole
I havnt got green blOod or stobarts tattooed on my â– â– â–  either this is
Just my view on the firm

Don’t really have an opinion either way regarding Stobarts. What does boil my ■■■■ is numpties who post pointless threads up about them. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: . I must be as big a numptie replying :blush: :blush:

philberg182:
Don’t really have an opinion either way regarding Stobarts. What does boil my ■■■■ is numpties who post pointless threads up about them. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: . I must be as big a numptie replying :blush: :blush:

you only just worked that out? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this is in the wrong forum but while its here do stobarts use O/D,s ?
No , i dont have any intention of donning a green shirt, just curious as i dont ever recall seeing anything but a stobart unit under their trailers

chaversdad:
No , i dont have any intention of donning a green shirt, just curious as i dont ever recall seeing anything but a stobart unit under their trailers

Not sure, what happened to their ‘owner’ driver scheme? Surprised one hasn’t appeared on the TV show yet being as its such a good deal… :laughing:

Armagedon:
Went racing yesterday,get away from trucking for a bit…across the arse of almost every jockey in bold black…STOBART.
Say’s it all really.

Says that they like horse racing? :confused:

chaversdad:

Yes, they have loads of subbies pulling for them, some with getting on for 30 units on there; it’s just that they have got to run in colours and uniform. How on earth they make a return is another question altogether, but there are lots of subbies on stobart

Kwaka on here used to subbie for them

i spoke to them a while ago about subbing, they told me that they were phasing out the subbies, and going fully own fleet

after hearing their payment terms, i was thankful :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it was 90 days from month end :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

double clicked
me and my firkin big fingers

shuttlespanker:

i spoke to them a while ago about subbing, they told me that they were phasing out the subbies, and going fully own fleet

after hearing their payment terms, i was thankful :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it was 90 days from month end :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And i turned a job down last week cos they wanted to pay on 45 days !

shuttlespanker:

philberg182:

you only just worked that out? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And then there’s the ones who will post for the sake of posting , you know who you are :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

let’s not forget one thing. It’s okay to cut rates to get jobs? no it is not. Who pays for the undercutting, the manager who won the contract? no, he probably gets a bonus. Oh, I know who pays.THE DRIVERS!! When will you all see that? that’s why wages are ■■■■ because we pay for the undercutting, THE DRIVERS. That’s why we can’t get a pay rise ffs. put a penny on a tin of beans and how much extra would that be to the haulier. lots of money. that means just not beans but a pay rise. So any company that cuts rates to keep wages down do not deserve to be in buisness. decent sensible rates for decent sensible wages and conditions is what we need,not drivers on here saying that it is acceptable to knock down rates to where it’s ■■■■■■■ near impossible to make a profit.

shuttlespanker:

They’ve obviously got cash-flow problems then.

DADDY LONGLEGS:
let’s not forget one thing. It’s okay to cut rates to get jobs? no it is not. Who pays for the undercutting, the manager who won the contract? no, he probably gets a bonus. Oh, I know who pays.THE DRIVERS!! When will you all see that? that’s why wages are [zb] because we pay for the undercutting, THE DRIVERS. That’s why we can’t get a pay rise ffs. put a penny on a tin of beans and how much extra would that be to the haulier. lots of money. that means just not beans but a pay rise. So any company that cuts rates to keep wages down do not deserve to be in buisness. decent sensible rates for decent sensible wages and conditions is what we need,not drivers on here saying that it is acceptable to knock down rates to where it’s [zb] near impossible to make a profit.

But Stobart isn’t the only firm who cut rates to get work, lots of other uk firms do the same and worse !

Rate cutting in haulage. I’d guess that’s gone on since the days of the horse and cart.
90 days payment is nothing unusual with big firms.

kr79:
Rate cutting in haulage. I’d guess that’s gone on since the days of the horse and cart.
90 days payment is nothing unusual with big firms.

it might not be unusual but i wouldnt sleep if someone owed me 3 months worth of money