Dusty M.A.N

Gave my cab a brush down inside yesterday and by the time I got back to the yard it was covered in dust again all over the dash etc. Is there anything which can be done to prevent this or is it something I have to put up with?

I could understand it if I had just driven through a desert!

Wet wipes or air gun. You could plug a dehumidifier in with a filter if you’re OCD.

mikeshe:
Gave my cab a brush down inside yesterday and by the time I got back to the yard it was covered in dust again all over the dash etc. Is there anything which can be done to prevent this or is it something I have to put up with?

I could understand it if I had just driven through a desert!

a good hoover out hoover the beds thats were plenty of dust lies and soap and water round foot wells behind seats be ok after that

Be thankful you don`t pull out of a quarry, can watch the dust grow in mine!

Very often the dust comes from the drivers footwell, it’s carried in on your boots dries out gets ground to powder by moving feet and when you put the heater on or open the door off it goes around the cab.

Try putting the air vents on the re-cycle setting and let the dust clear before opening any doors/windows don’t use a brush to clean the footwell this sends the stuff everywhere, use a hose and a brush much better job and avoid silicone based dash polish a little bit of effort will keep it to a minimum.

As above, keep the footwell brushed regularly, whip the rubber floor mat out and give it a blast with the pressure washer every now and again when you wash down, and vacuum under it cos there will be a shovelful of dust underneath.

You need a good portable vacuum cleaner not a £10 toy (usually about as much use as a Scania exhaust brake), and deep vacuum the seats bed and curtains regularly, bucket of warm water and sponge down all the nooks and crannies where dust can lurk and there’s hundreds of the buggers in a MAN, and again as above, do not use that poxy dash shine stuff, best wet wipes i’ve found are those in Lidl or Aldi, big bloody pack for about 30 bob.

I try very hard not to have to open the windows at all in yards etc, and this is a general comment here, why do exhausts always have to point to the ground, almost designed to create as much dust as possible.

dowahdiddyman:
Be thankful you don`t pull out of a quarry, can watch the dust grow in mine!

Even tho you only do one load a week now :stuck_out_tongue:
Then back in the office with the heater on :laughing:

You need a brush with longer bristles lad so that it will reach the dust… :wink: Bane of my life quarry dust, even with windows closed it still got in through the gaps in the Foden doors! :slight_smile:

Pete.

Embrace the dust, allow it into your life. You’ll be much happier for it.

you need to fit 1 of these to stop the fan swirl.