Keeping your cab clean

As i am about to embark on a new job tomorrow, bulk tippers, thought i would see if i could glean some useful tips about how you all keep your cabs clean?

I am particularly interested in keeping the dvrs footwell clean…always seems to be one area i fall down on!

keep the windows shut, and wear footwear that can be easily slipped off and left on the top step

Stacks of cheap baby wipes amd a dustpan brush. :slight_smile:

Keep you’re windows closed as much as poss, if you have air vents between the mucky box and the inside of you’re cab, block them up, air gun too blow dust out of the cab, just keep dusting down, the footwell will get mucky depending where you tip but just try and keep on top of it i suppose. Also a paint brush helps around the buttons and air vents :wink: :smiley:

Brush it out when dry.
Foam cleaner in an aerosol can, can use on the floor, windows, dash, and fabric.

Guess that’ll cover us too, the ones that do plant delivery. :slight_smile:

If the lorry is already used there will be clouds of dust in the seats bed and curtains unless the previous driver was meticulous, so pinch the house vacuum and an extension lead and have a serious vaccuming of those areas and all the floors and especially around the drivers seat base, wash the footwells out with running water.

Once you’ve got the dust under control then regular wet wiping, regular brushing out and a weekly hose of the floors will keep it quite well.

Its a working lorry not a posing tool for underworked traffic plod to lech from, so bound to get a bit grubby.

It’ll help if the exhaust has an upright stack, nothing worse than creating your own dust storm via the frankly idiotic idea of down facing exhausts.

Juddian:
If the lorry is already used there will be clouds of dust in the seats bed and curtains unless the previous driver was meticulous, so pinch the house vacuum and an extension lead and have a serious vaccuming of those areas and all the floors and especially around the drivers seat base, wash the footwells out with running water.

Once you’ve got the dust under control then regular wet wiping, regular brushing out and a weekly hose of the floors will keep it quite well.

Its a working lorry not a posing tool for underworked traffic plod to lech from, so bound to get a bit grubby.

It’ll help if the exhaust has an upright stack, nothing worse than creating your own dust storm via the frankly idiotic idea of down facing exhausts.

Not forgetting a small paintbrush,to get into the nooks +crannies.

Don’t wear shoes in the cab!

Flash wipes

Good luck! For the new job and for keeping your cab clean!