Air dusting

This has been on my mind for a while, this time on a Saturday morning seems right :unamused:

Maybe it’s just that i’m a complete ■■■■■■■ novice, but is there a particular knack / way of air-dusting? There’s an air duster in my truck, and i do a lot of work in/around construction sites, so you can imagine the amount of dust / mud etc that gets inside. Every so often I come up with the stupid notion to use the air duster to blow the dust outside, then give the dash etc a good clean…

But no, it seems that it just ends up going everywhere, and settles on everything I’ve just cleaned again half an hour later :imp:

Help! :laughing:

Both doors open, blow straight from yours into your mates trucks. Result.

the maoster:
Both doors open, blow straight from yours into your mates trucks. Result.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

He borrowed my 24v hoover once, which unknown to him doubles up as an airbed pump, so has a ‘blow’ function… suffice to say his cab was dustier afterwards than before he started :smiley: :smiling_imp:

Blow from one side to to the other with the door open. Do the dash crevices first, then the floor.

It’ll never get it dust free but it gives you less to brush and is a quick way of keeping on top of the dust so it’s just a quick brush and polish before bed.

A.

Never used one but common sense says both doors open, preferably with a wind blowing straight through, then with your back to the wind dust away.

I use a vacuum on the seats and fibre type upholstery and curtains, then wash down all the plastic interior with bucketful of warm water, finalise with multi surface cleaner when dry, job done.

Air dusters never made any sense to me. All your doing is moving the dust around. Vacuum!

Even if they don’t work so well, they look great swinging about in your windscreen below your tasselled pelmet. For best effect go for the bright yellow one !! :wink: :laughing:
Regards. John.

For a quick clean use a paint brush to dust the worse off then a wipe over with baby wipes

Then once a month get a bucket of warm water with a quirt of cif and wipe the whole cab over with a dish cloth

As previously said, open both doors, and dust away. You’ll never get a better finish with cloths because when you wipe dust away, it starts falling off the cloth the minute you remove it.

Air dusting + wind literally removes everything that a wet wipe can’t.

We had them fitted as standard on the flour wagons, bloody crap for cleaning but great for cooling down and getting flour off your clothes and out of your hair. Still CDC All Ride tat though.

TiredAndEmotional:
Air dusters never made any sense to me. All your doing is moving the dust around. Vacuum!

My sentiments exactly, the last two trucks I have had, including the present one have air dusters and if I use them I find the dust back in the sleeper LOL.

TiredAndEmotional:

^
This
Have never used one, they dont clean anything just spread dust elsewhere. A vacuum with soft brush attachment cleans fabrics and hard plastics inc inside/around air vents ect and is the only thing to use imo.
Air dusting cant possibly be any use to someone who suffers from hayfever either…

Air dusters are like leaf blowers, totally pointless.