Dust

Anyone have any tips for removing and preventing dust in cabs?

I have an airgun, but after a day’s work, there’s bits of dust everywhere. Any air purifiers or whatever that people use? Or just elbow grease and microfibre cloths every day?

I live in the thing which doesn’t help, but can’t stand the stuff and have envy of the pristine cabs I see online and in fellow trucker’s cabs.

Cheers.

Unless you never open your cab door you’re wasting your time trying to prevent dust getting into your cab, and your airgun is only going to redistribute the dust to settle again.

Accidental duplicate post

A small paint brush is the go for gauges, nooks and crannies. Antiseptic wipes for larger areas.

Star down under.:
A small paint brush is the go for gauges, nooks and crannies. Antiseptic wipes for larger areas.

Have you thought of getting a maid ?

Cant see the point in air dusters, dont they just blow the dust around the cab ?
W5 wipes from Lidl do the job

As a two…

Man driving team, my co-pilot insisted on a bright orange dust gun. Once a week, we’d stop somewhere, open both doors with a breeze coming through, stow our kit away and then blast away for 20 minutes working from one side to the other including under the seats. It worked well, the place was almost as dust free as silicon chip manufacturing facility.

Obviously, just once, I had to fill the curly tube with water and watch him get a face full. How we larfed.

I use gaffer tape like a lint roll. Tear off a 12" strip, flatten it on the surface then rip it off to clean whatever surface I’m trying clean. I even do the seats once a week. It’s a never ending battle though, and this time of year, when the sun can be low in the sky, you swing a corner & suddenly see all the crap on the instrument cluster that you so carefully cleaned last night!

Was it Quentin Crisp??
“After the first 5 years, the dust doesn`t get any thicker, so you no longer notice it”…

Try doing bulk grain, dust is on another level. Got a little hand held hoover that plugs into my inverter that has a brush attachment for the worst of it followed by wet wipes on the hard surfaces to get the rest.
Its an every night thing. Park up, crack open a Peroni, do the hoovering and dusting then cook tea :smiley: Right little domestic goddess :laughing:

As already said,.air duster with doors open, paintbrush for nooks and crannies,.and a rub down with a babywipe…job done.
I too hate dust in my cab, I’m continuously cleaning up. but theres nowt you can do about it, a lot of it comes in off your boots, in fact I’m convinced that when I get out of the cab somebody is opening my door and hoying in a bucket of dust just to ■■■■ me off. :slight_smile:

Really a bit of dust… Get a life your supposed to working and your bothered about a bit of dust. What is it with some drivers these days… DUST ffs.

Jamestross:
Really a bit of dust… Get a life your supposed to working and your bothered about a bit of dust. What is it with some drivers these days… DUST ffs.

Way I see it is a driver,. (especially a tramper,) the state of his cab reflects what the state of his real home is like, …ie if his cab is a ■■■■ hole, it’s normally because it’s what he is used to at home, if his cab is as clean and as tidy as he can manage to keep it…same applies. :bulb:
What’s your’s like?
Btw, got a great life, but thanks anyhoo. :wink:

robroy:

Jamestross:

Way I see it is a driver,. (especially a tramper,) the state of his cab reflects what the state of his real home is like, …ie if his cab is a [zb] hole, it’s normally because it’s what he is used to at home, if his cab is as clean and as tidy as he can manage to keep it…same applies. :bulb:
What’s your’s like?

Well the way I see it is I don’t have an obsession with all things trucking like some people on here who polish there wheel nuts at every opportunity and drive in there socks so as not mark the pedals that they have been polishing all night while parked up in some dinghy truck stop or lay-by. To me this is a job which I do, and get paid handsomely for but I go home every night to a very nice clean house thank you, and leave work behind. But then who is to say that having a great life is parked up 4/5 night’s a week eating pot noodles and creaming your pants thinking about when the boss gets you a new Scania to polish for him, while probably not paying you very well… But hey you have a nice Dust free cab…Have a nice life.

Jamestross:

robroy:

Jamestross:

Way I see it is a driver,. (especially a tramper,) the state of his cab reflects what the state of his real home is like, …ie if his cab is a [zb] hole, it’s normally because it’s what he is used to at home, if his cab is as clean and as tidy as he can manage to keep it…same applies. :bulb:
What’s your’s like?

Well the way I see it is I don’t have an obsession with all things trucking like some people on here who polish there wheel nuts at every opportunity and drive in there socks so as not mark the pedals that they have been polishing all night while parked up in some dinghy truck stop or lay-by. To me this is a job which I do, and get paid handsomely for but I go home every night to a very nice clean house thank you, and leave work behind. But then who is to say that having a great life is parked up 4/5 night’s a week eating pot noodles and creaming your pants thinking about when the boss gets you a new Scania to polish for him, while probably not paying you very well… But hey you have a nice Dust free cab…Have a nice life.

…what?

robroy:

Jamestross:

What’s your’s like?

Get a bonus for keeping it clean too. It’s my house and the place I spent several weeks at a time… aside from my 45’s off… of course…

Jamestross:

robroy:

Jamestross:

What’s your’s like?

Wow ain’t you the man. :sunglasses:
You know so much about me…not. :unamused:
Could list and refute totally 100% of the crap you have written (if I cared about what you think)
…but you know what?
I don’t :bulb: so basically CBA. :neutral_face:

robroy:

Jamestross:

robroy:

Jamestross:

What’s your’s like?

Wow ain’t you the man. :sunglasses:
You know so much about me…not. :unamused:
Could list and refute totally 100% of the crap you have written (if I cared about what you think)
…but you know what?
I don’t :bulb: so basically CBA. :neutral_face:

I was gonna have a stab at responding before but gave up before I started writing :smiley:

Jamie MP:

robroy:

Jamestross:

What’s your’s like?

Get a bonus for keeping it clean too. It’s my house and the place I spent several weeks at a time… aside from my 45’s off… of course…

Yep, I’m quite OCD about tidiness, I hate driving around in a mess, it’s just my nature…while I’m dreaming of a new Scania to polish’’ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Jamie MP:
[

I was gonna have a stab at responding before but gave up before I started writing :smiley:

It would be wasted on him anyway Jamie mate, he seems a very confident young man …who apparentlly knows it ALL anyway. :wink: :smiley: