Best stuff to use for cleaning in cab?

Looking for a bit of advice :slight_smile: I’ve recently taken a new job and the truck I’m going to be driving really is immaculate! I want to keep it up trouble is I don’t know any decent cleaning stuff. All I use now is glass cleaner and cheap dash wipes. All advice appreciated :smiley: white diamond metal Polish has already been recommended by a few but obviously isn’t for inside. And please no ‘only mugs spend time washing their trucks’ type posts… I enjoy driving a clean truck others arnt bothered each to their own.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: sam

I use Romanians and a couple of pound coins.

eagerbeaver:

tied between 2 lampposts :wink:

Don’t use any Silicon polish .once clean I would just use a damp micro cloth

Fabreeze is good to keep fabrics fresh.
Air freshener with antibacterial spray such as Dettol to eliminate cab odours.
Wilkinsons sell wet wipes with anti germ and virus properties, they were on offer for 50 pence.
Another tip is to place bedsheets where it is hard to clean and keep dirt away by shaking them out.
Be careful not to block the night heater vents.
Neutradol is ideal for freshness.
There are machines that puff out a squirt of air freshener on a timer.

Packets of wipes - Dashboard/glass/trim & hands etc - cheap to buy from discount stores - keep it clean but not overboard, it’s only a working vehicle after all

Yogi_93:
And please no ‘only mugs spend time washing their trucks’ type posts…

As long as you’re being paid for it then it’s fine.

I tried a pair of my old y-fronts but they tended to ‘skid’ across the dashboard.

Pink is good gear, a little goes a long way leaves a nice matt finish that don’t attract dust.

Autoglym vinyl and rubber care for the dashboard and door panels etc. Smells good too.

Autoglym bumper and trim for the floor and engine hump. Any moisture just beads up and rolls off.

F-reds:
Autoglym vinyl and rubber care for the dashboard and door panels etc. Smells good too.

Autoglym bumper and trim for the floor and engine hump. Any moisture just beads up and rolls off.

Same here, and also fast glass for inside windows
Depending if u want clean smelling seats ect then autoglym interior shampoo is great stuff

I buy quite a few products from ‘‘chemiclean.co.uk’’, you’ll find them online, they do a pack of about half a dozen half litre spray bottles of multi surface cleaner, we use this at home having two dogs and its superb stuff for removing all that shiny silicone muck some drivers insist on trowelling onto every surface including, amazingly, the steering wheel, floor mats and pedal rubbers making your feet slip off :unamused: , takes nearly all surfaces (not for use on glass) back to their when new state.

All their products are aimed at janitorial, car valeters and other professional cleaners, if you can’t find what you want there, and cheaply, you won’t find them anywhere…i get all me car wash, window cleaning and carpet cleaning stuff for the house from there, you’ll have to spend about £40 to get free postage but IMO the products are good, last for ages and infinitely better value for money than most.

For general wet wipes, you’ll have a job to beat Lidl’s big packs of wet surface wipes.

Bleach and the scrotum of the dirty bugger that had my truck last week! Serious note though cheap furniture polish when iv got time doesn’t do a bad job and comes up well with a quick wipe during the day when you’ve got a spare minute. It doesn’t have to be hard work to not live in a tip

Another for Autoglym vinyl and rubber care, great stuff!

Pink internally, tango externally and your white diamond :sunglasses: if you want tips for bulling drill boots which are nearly 40 years old, :laughing: go round in small circles :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:
I tried a pair of my old y-fronts but they tended to ‘skid’ across the dashboard.

but do they leave marks :open_mouth:

Not on a brown dashboard…

You can get 2 tins of cockpit shine for £6 at lymm atm.i spray it directly onto grubbier parts like the bottom of doors,or onto the cloth for cleaner bits.

eagerbeaver:

The conning ■■■■■ charge 5 quid for a normal wash up our end :imp: I may change to the “other mob” just down the road as they have a couple of dolly birds with cracking headlamps I’d like to see in s bit of a lather if you catch my drift :wink: :smiley:

Lol-drift firmly caught.

For the floors i use 'autoglym vinyl & rubber care ’ , dash/plastics is auto smart 'silicone sprays , leather is hot wheels leather care (halfords) followed by a good leather balm ( meguirs ) . If ur leather is on a serious bad way try a mild engine degreaser/jizer , but then balm it straight after . For stearing wheel I usually get some of those flash multi surface wipes , give it a good go on that then , leather balm it or vinyl care …neat TFR is good stuff for real heavy dirt /staining on a lot of surface but don’t go crazy and get it off straight away … It’s all trial and error and budget , my motors very clean , how I like it , but I don’t have the time to bring it upto concourse condition . Having good colleagues that respect it is a massive help . …