Best stuff to use for cleaning in cab?

I used to use Mr Sheen. Spray on and leave it over night or weekend, Clean off the next day or first day back and it came up a right treat. Nice and shinny. Nothing would stick to it either, quick blast wi the air line if she got a bit surface dust, clean as. It was that good it used to take the white coating off the old tacho. Sorry officer don t know what happened there :open_mouth:

Open both doors when its windy :wink:

Some of the cabs I’ve seen the only thing that would work would be 5 litres of petrol and a match

Coffeeholic:
Some of the cabs I’ve seen the only thing that would work would be 5 litres of petrol and a match

lol :grimacing:

That is so true Coffee, some cabs are not fit to put a dog in, one cab door, I saw, had about a year of analogue tacho charts,not handed in ?
Some smell so bad, worse than a badgers armpit.Or something has died in there.
Spilt milk or other fluids ?

Coffeeholic:

Less elbow grease than the other mentioned products :smiley:

Try getting in out all day with muddy boots, muddy gloves and wet/dirty clothes and see how easy it is to keep a cab clean.
What maybe filthy dirty to a driver on foodstuffs is pretty clean to someone on tippers, skips or plant moving.

So I took the majority of advice from posts on here and got some autoglym vinyl and rubber care and I gotta say it’s great stuff! Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

seth 70:
Open both doors when its windy :wink:

Stowing delivery notes away fost!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yogi_93:
So I took the majority of advice from posts on here and got some autoglym vinyl and rubber care and I gotta say it’s great stuff! Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

I’ve got gallons of it at home, loathed to bring it to work though. I do pretty much everything with a bit of diluted Stardrops in an old spray bottle.

Old fella I knew once gave me one of the Auto Glym lifeshine kits in its own carry case. I’ve had 3 new VWs since then, and had one with each. Not even used the first one up yet. I suppose I could chuck one in the cab, but I just don’t trust the agency guys at our place, and I have enough rubbish to cart home at the weekend as it is.

F-reds:
Autoglym vinyl and rubber care for the dashboard and door panels etc. Smells good too.

Autoglym bumper and trim for the floor and engine hump. Any moisture just beads up and rolls off.

Agree and if it’ needs a clean auto glym interior shampoo.

Fatboy slimslow:
Pink internally, tango externally and your white diamond :sunglasses: if you want tips for bulling drill boots which are nearly 40 years old, :laughing: go round in small circles :sunglasses:

downt forget to dip your finger and the cloth in water wich you put in tin lid then go round in circles then bull em up my son :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Muckaway:
Try getting in out all day with muddy boots, muddy gloves and wet/dirty clothes and see how easy it is to keep a cab clean.
What maybe filthy dirty to a driver on foodstuffs is pretty clean to someone on tippers, skips or plant moving.

Or as someone said you’ve got quite a clean cab bar the floor :unamused: its inch deep in mud, do you bother to clean the floor…yeah sweep it out every evening.

You’re the 3rd site I’ve been too already today but they don’t lay tarmac roads on solar farms when you’re dropping off 22t tracked dumpers! :unamused: :open_mouth:

Sweep it out daily and clean the mirrors when needed and jet wash it once a fortnight how can you do anymore with a low loader…seriously i look at the cab from outside before i get in and mud’s already got everywhere before I even climb up the steps.

Unfortunately I’ll get classed as a stinking zb driver when that couldn’t be further than truth… :neutral_face:

C

To clean my cab, I jet wash the inside, then hire a skip to put the rubbish in.
There was so much water in the cab, I had to drive wearing wellies, and a mask and snorkel to see where I was going.
Got to the Rdc, and goods in said here comes Jack Cousteau again and his co driver Flipper.
I went on holiday , came back to see the crime scene police van by the Lorry, they thought a body was under the bunk due to the foul smell.
It turned out to be a curry from 2013. And a left over Kfc bucket banquet for 25 people.

An old towel on the floor when you visit Solar Farms & Construction Sites, also keep some old newspapers in the cab & put them down all over the floor (Nora Batty Style) then when tipped, first lay by (with grass on the side) walk the mud off your boots & throw away the newspaper.
Bit of Flapping about but it keeps the mess to a minimum, then it only takes a few minutes each week to rinse out.

Brush the floor out once the mud’s dried, jet wash the mats when washing on Friday or Saturday (paid). Quick wipe with around with an old T shirt on the dashboard etc.
Don’t bother down beside and behind the seats as I use the storage boxes for storing gloves, tools ppe etc. The seats get dirty occasionally from dirty clothing but looking at some secondhand tippers on Commercial Motor etc, our cabs are immaculate in comparison.
To my boss the trucks are another item of plant, our yard 360 could grow GM crops in as we drive it with door pinned back and front screen pushed up.

Forgot to say our actual yard is mud, no concrete or tarmac bar a bit of concrete to wash plant…I park next to that…I’ll let you guess the area near me is continually wet :unamused: :laughing:

Our lorries are another piece of plant unfortunately they’re just bits that never earn any money for the company in some eyes…which isnt necessarily true as they’re needed.

:laughing:

Spit shine and a bit of kitchen towel for the mirrors. Bit of water and kitchen towel for outside of windows/lights/reg plates.

Interior doesn’t get to dirty apart from the floor with mud so a quick sweep on Friday afternoon does the trick.

I used to find the ex missus was the best answer for keeping it clean…we double cabbed often and she polished and cleaned on the move nearly daily, when those pedantic sods among you will say she was on a rest period and should not have been working but resting/sleeping.
But my cooking was far superior, On the two burner hob in the middle or the BBQ when stopped …I did my fair share.
The good old days of runs to Espania…Watching her rig up a black bag solar shower to wash her hair at the side of the cab in the customers yard with only a bikini on , the old security guard nearly had a heart attack when he noticed one weekend.